Doctors blame everything on fibro or stress.

Anything to do with the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Doctors blame everything on fibro or stress.

Postby sjc » Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:46 pm

Hi folks,

Don't know if anyone has had this but had a chat today and some of my symptons that been concerning me lately, such as a severe flare up of fatigue and some weight gain issues, and other issues.

The response I got was, 'well, your lethargy probadly down to fibromyalgia.'

I know fibro has various, long term, or debilitating symptons that share similarities between many other health problems. But why do GP's and doctors overlook your symptons and just assume it's your existing health issues?

Does anyone experience same with doctors?
Sick of being sick, if you know what I mean. Anger keeps me going! I love campaigning for the rights of those with hidden disabilities. Enjoys talking to other like minded people - well, if you are sane, anyway :)
sjc
UKFM Member

Re: Doctors blame everything on fibro or stress.

Postby denys » Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:54 pm

Other members have reported the same thing sjc, but if I were you and I didnt think the symptoms were fibro related or it was something new etc. I would ask them to just make sure, sometimes a simple blood test can put your mind at ease
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby shazq » Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:46 pm

Hi
Yes i do find that my gp will often put it down to either fibro or crohns it depends on which one is causing me the most problems at the time but in my case it can be difficult as both can have similar symptoms.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby hannahfibro20 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:55 pm

This does my head in a little when the doc says its all down to fibro without even examing you or asking questions about that particular sign or symptom.

Sent from my GT-S5570 using Tapatalk 2
hannahfibro20
UKFM Member

Postby monica » Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:11 am

Yep, everything that's wrong with me is apparently fibro according to my doc :roll:
monica
UKFM Member

Return to Doctors & Health Services