neurology appointment

Anything to do with the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

neurology appointment

Postby haty 2010 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:40 pm

Had my appointment yesterday,lovely Dr.
Did the reflex test which I past,walked heel to toe...felt like I was drunk and nearly fell over!, had to screw my eyes tight then my lips tight...don't know why!
Asked me if I was concerned that it could be MS, to me replying "don't care what you call it,nor what it is as long as you give me answers and help please!"
I wrote down before I went my history,symptoms...which there were many,medications I'd tried,and the self help I had done.

He said he will do an MRI on my brain,tho he suspects there's nothing that will show on it.I've to undergone more bloods,but he thinks basically it's more of a psychological problem...FM/CFS/ME!!!!

What's more is I'VE TO NOT TAKE ANYMORE PAINKILLERS WHAT SO EVER!!!!!!!!!! :-|

Has anyone else had this response to help them?

Jane
Xx
haty 2010
UKFM Member

Re: neurology appointment

Postby denys » Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:47 pm

What :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: another dinosaur then, speak to your GP, dont just stop all your tablets :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Pepperty » Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:18 pm

*owch* that wasnt the most uplifting of appointments Haty :-? Hope you are ok and yes - he sounds like one to avoid! Luckily you probably wont have to deal with him much and it sounds like you have an understanding G.P
Pepperty
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:04 pm

:shock: I have not had an apt like that :yikes: when i saw a neuro he swapped my meds around and put me on migraine meds he did take me off a morphine based med because he said it had links to migraines.

Like Denys said have a word with your gp before stopping any of your meds dont just stop them. :yikes:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:19 pm

haty 2010 wrote:but he thinks basically it's more of a psychological problem...FM/CFS/ME!!!!

What's more is I'VE TO NOT TAKE ANYMORE PAINKILLERS WHAT SO EVER!!!!!!!!!! :-|

Has anyone else had this response to help them?

Jane
Xx

Another dinosaur that the Ice Age missed :scream-1: :scream-1: :scream-1: :scream-1: Those sorts of answers never help :waiting: :waiting: :waiting: Bet he wouln't be saying that if he was experiencing what you are and feeling the same way :swear1: :swear1: :swear1:

Definitely talk to your GP, a lot of the meds we take need to be reduced in dosage over a suitable period of time. Just stopping them can cause additional problems that can leave you feeling even worse :puke: :puke: :puke:

As for the neuro~bod, sounds like he needs a bit of fact an reality :face-slap: :face-slap: :face-slap: :face-slap: into him :shooting: :shooting: :shooting:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby kazak » Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:58 pm

hi
omg, wot an a--e hole. u r allowed a 2nd opinion so go back 2 ur gp and ask 2 see a diff one, it will prob be at a diff hospital or clinic but anything is better than been left with that dx and treatment. it took me a few yrs 2 get dx but my rhumy woz brill and very understanding. i'm not saying i'm gud(and def not at the mo) sat here with anti-inflam gel on well everywhere and 3 pairs of socks and blanket on feet and heat massage cushion on back(yes think thats it oh apart from reg meds). hope u get somewhere fast.
kazak
UKFM Member

Return to Doctors & Health Services