consultant letter

Anything to do with the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

consultant letter

Postby kitten » Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:46 pm

Does any one know how long it takes for a consultant letter to be forward to your GP and your self
I went for a review with the rheumatologist at the end of Jan .since I last saw her in May I have had a few more symptoms ,especially my neck and throat and shoulders which has been really painful since September (slowly getting better) she diagnosed Myofascial pain and mentioned that I would now have to take anti inflammatory and a tablet before it to protect the stomach ,and would have to have a higher dose of Amitriptyline from 10mg didn't say what increases in the dose and stay on Codeine seeing as it is now going on ten days with no letter from her or phone call from my GP feel a bit in limbo :-?
kitten
UKFM Member

Re: consultant letter

Postby dotty lotty » Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:40 pm

It depends and unfortunately sometimes it can take a few weeks!! My last neurology appointment was mid November and GP got letter mid January. :yikes: Hopefully you wont have that long to wait. :fingerscrossed: :teddy-bear:
dotty lotty
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:13 pm

Hi Kitten

Mine normally come through about 3weeks after the apt. Hope you are not waiting to long. :hugs:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby kitten » Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:10 pm

Thanks for your replies , post just been nothing yet :fingerscrossed: :fingers-crossed: for the beginning of next week
kitten
UKFM Member

Postby Iceskatemum » Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:27 pm

Depends on consultant & hospital , I know mine in the past have take an age to come through. 6-8 weeks is quite quick with some of them according to my GP surgery !
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Postby kitten » Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:11 pm

Was advised to phone the Health Centre to ask about the letter from the rheumatologist ,after being put through to two different departments was given the rheumatologist secretary number, eventually got through after many this number is busy :roll: :roll:

Guess what still in the in tray short staffed :roll: :roll: will do it A S A P so that will be some time next :fingerscrossed: week hopefully
kitten
UKFM Member

Postby kitten » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:05 pm

Well finally arrived today to add to the OA, FM ,CMP ,she has now added Cervical spondylosis I had no idea I had that as well .

O well what do they say keep on taking the pills :roll:
kitten
UKFM Member

Return to Doctors & Health Services