Is my GP Insane ??

Anything to do with the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Is my GP Insane ??

Postby E-Bunny » Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:38 pm

Hi Guys/Gals,

I have not been diagnosed with Fibro yet, But for 2 months now I have had pain from the neck down, some days so unbearable that i cannot get out of bed !

Although the pain is in every muscle ( even some i didnt know i had o.O ) It's especially worse around my shoulders, knees, neck, shoulder blades and lower spine ( on a bad day I cannot have anything touching these area's as its unbearable )

I went to my GP to ask for help ( on my knees pleading ) as the pain means i get little sleep, on average 2-4 hours a night !! And i am really starting to struggle with work, currently more days off sick than actually in =(

I have right temporal lobe epilepsy, and have been on medication for this for nearly a year now... And My GP has decided that they are causing the pain !? But as ive said, I have been on them for a while now and never had pain befor this started ?

She has refused me pain killers or anything to help me sleep at night and said I will have to wait till I see my neuro again which is not any time soon, in the mean time she told me to do some excersizes that would shock my muscles, theory being if i can make them as painful as possible using harsh excersises then my body would ignore the constant pain i have all day/night..

Is she insane ? I can barely walk most the time, even raising my arms up has me in tears.. so squatting rapidly, and star jumps are out the question !

Any advice on what i can do ? I have had this pain, and lack of sleep for a while now, and really hit rock bottom :(

Tina
E-Bunny
UKFM Member

Re: Is my GP Insane ??

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:06 pm

I don't think we can say if your GP is insane I'm afraid :crazy: :oops: :mrgreen: :crazy: Potentally FM unfriendly, maybe :-? :-? :-? :-? For the :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: you need someone in a white coat and we're not allowed them as we tend to fit the criteria for strait jackets instead :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Back to a slightly more serious face now :-| :-| :-| :-| :-| Is there another GP that you could see at your surgery that might be more helpful and understanding??? Whatever is causing you the pain and problems needs looking into to properly, and to start that off you need a supportive GP.

Not sure what else to suggest I'm afraid :shock: :-? :oops:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby E-Bunny » Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:55 pm

LOL... Your post made me smile... :lol:

There is only one GP at my surgery... And to find another means travelling further a field which is easier said than done when relying on buses o.O ( plus my lack of directional sense doesnt help )...

A friend suggested i go to A&E next time its really bad.. But I hate visiting A&E when my GP should be the one that sorts this kind of problem out..

Sorry if my top post sounded like a rant... Needed to vent about my :crazy: GP... Am considering taking the shotgun approach next time ! see if she is more helpfull then :evil:
E-Bunny
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:19 pm

Hi E bunny

The only thing i can suggest is to keep going back to your gp and say you have tried the exercises but the pain is still there, by the sounds of it this gp is not going to be very fibro friendly so see if they will refer you to a Rheumy for a dx. The Neuro might give you a dx if you are seeing them for pain? :goodluck1:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Pinkprincess205 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:19 pm

Sometimes doctors have no idea, one doctor i saw at the beginning told me to just live mylife and move on, he said where did i get info on fibro anyways, i said the internet, he goes well next week it might tell you that you have cancer, i couldnt believe it came out crying. Lucky my surgery has like 10 doctors so saw someone else that believed me, gave me pain killers and refered me to rheumatologist. Which he then said i have fibro.
If you cant see another doc then as the other post said, go in saying you tried exercise and it nearly killed you. Hope it works out.
Vic x
Pinkprincess205
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:00 pm

Maybe time for a new plan of attack :-? :-? :-? :-?

Could you contact your neuro bod for an earlier appt??? With your GP thinking it may be related to your E~meds, your neuro should be the logical person to see about this. Then depending on what the neuro says, the possibility of FM could be raised which could hopefully lead to you being seen by a rheumy and getting some answers :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:

Alternatively, do as has been suggested and go back to your GP and tell them that altho you have tried their exercise recommendations and it hasn't worked at all. You could also go armed wit some info about FM as well as details of your various symptoms and problems and how you feel they fit in with it, and that you want to see someone who will be able to give you some answers.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby millymoodoo » Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:32 am

Hi

If you try everything your gp suggests and still have a lot of pain it could be worth visiting a&e when things are severe. Its not nice when you are living in constant severe pain all the time, its not fair and nobody should be expected to have to live with it. Like flup has said maybe change your gp, i know you say you would have to travel by bus etc but it would be worth it if they can help relieve your pain!!!

:goodluck2: :hugs:
Millyxxx :-)
Never look down on anyone unless you are helping them get up!!! When life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!! Everyday is a gift which is why we call it the present
millymoodoo
UKFM Member

Return to Doctors & Health Services