Sent to Pain Clinic

Anything to do with the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Sent to Pain Clinic

Postby iandp » Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:36 pm

I was wandering if anybody else has been referred to the pain clinic and what was your experience. As i was referred to my local clinic and the first thing he said to me was "what if any diagnosis have you got?" so i replied "Fibromyalgia, cervical spondylosis and chronic lumber spine pain" (spine issue been diagnosed as degeneration with significant lumber sponylosis, facet joint osteoarthritis & secondary myofascial trigger points, all of which i have continued to be told for over 2 years is not the case upto the MRI), his reply was, let forget about the fibro as we won't get anywhere.

I thought as told by docs that the fibro is one of the main pain issues so has to be taken into account, but then the pain clinic doc dismisses it, so i'm a bit confused as to why i'm even there.

There's a lot going on and no one (drs etc) wants to, able to etc tell me what it all really means.

Also, my knees are getting worse, with pain and giving way, probably with me falling 10-20 times a day but stumbling almost every - every other step.

Any thoughts, comments, advice gratefully received.
iandp
UKFM Member

Re: Sent to Pain Clinic

Postby shazq » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:32 pm

Hi
When you next go you should mention that the fibro is causing you some problems and if they dismiss it again ask them why.
You have been sent there for some help & to get the right pain meds so they will have to accept you have fibro and give you some meds. :evil:

If you still get problems then go back to your gp or whoever booked you to go to the pain clinic to let them know you wont be getting any fibro help from the clinic. :nono: :facepalm: :twisted: :goodluck1:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Re: Sent to Pain Clinic

Postby disco dancing kar » Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:06 pm

hi iandp i have been to pain clinic for my fibro, i lovely doc there who understands fibro and sorted out my medication,i had accupuncture for five weeks which helped my neck alot and i am going on a pain management course for eight weeks,looking at things to help to cope with fibro and meeting others with chronic pain. hope you get all support there kar.
disco dancing kar
UKFM Member

Return to Doctors & Health Services