Breakspear Medical... Anybody been?

Anything to do with the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Breakspear Medical... Anybody been?

Postby SuperCat007 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:27 am

Hi, I have recently heard from a friend who was badly hit with CFS about 16 years ago. In 2001 she had lots of tests and had a course of homeopathy (still waiting to hear what) and she got 100% better within the space of about 6 months. Now I know there are lots of stories like that floating around, and many are probably just made up by homeopathy/drugs companies or they didn't have CFS anyway. But this woman went from having 2 horses, 5 dogs and being a successful county-level athlete to someone unable to get out of bed after she got glandular fever, so I know how bad she was. I'm really fed up with opiates and pain medication etc because I know they just make me worse and I would like to try an alternative therapy. I have never even gone down that route before because I just don't believe in it.

Whilst Google-ing homeopathy and CFS/Fibro I came up with this place http://www.breakspearmedical.com/files/ ... algia.html and I am quite interested, BUT it is very expensive and unless my doctor would refer me (very unlikely but I will ask, what can you lose?!) I don't really have the money to pay for it. So due to that I wondered if anybody knew about it or had tried it and is it worth going for the initial session and work-up?

I am desperate to go into veterinary medicine, or something of the like, but FM/CFS is going to hold me back (obviously). But this friend has since done 2 degrees, one in Biology and the other in Vet Med and has been an equine vet for 5 years now. So there is hope! :)

I am keen to try some new treatments and any help or advice from people on here would be greatly appreciated. I'm on the West Norfolk/Cambridgeshire borders if anybody could recommend anywhere nearer to where I am. Thanks :)
SuperCat007
UKFM Member

Re: Breakspear Medical... Anybody been?

Postby SharonL42 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:05 pm

Breakspear hospital is in Hemel where I love & I know some people who work there so will see what I can find out about it xx

Sharon xx

Keep Smiling :-)
Keep Smiling :)
SharonL42
UKFM Member

Postby SuperCat007 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:11 pm

SharonL42 wrote:Breakspear hospital is in Hemel where I love & I know some people who work there so will see what I can find out about it xx

Sharon xx

Keep Smiling :-)

Wow, thank you very much! I look forward to hearing back. :)
SuperCat007
UKFM Member

Postby denise48 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:38 pm

Just wondered if there were any updates on treatment offered at this hospital. My friend has lymes and is being treated there at great expense and lots of suppliments. She has only been a couple of times so I cannot comment on her progress. My daughter has FM/CFS and Hemel is literally 20 mins away from us. If anyone has had positive results I would be interested to hear. I cannot afford the cost of treatment but would be willing to find a way if the results are good.

Thanks
denise48
UKFM Member

Return to Doctors & Health Services