Asthma Nurse

Anything to do with the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Asthma Nurse

Postby clsmbenn » Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:39 pm

i have just had my annual asthma check, but basically the asthma nurse couldnt help me.

i am taking a strong inhaler twice a day which has both the steroid and prevention together, so to make my asthma more controlled.

since before xmas my asthma hasnt been great, but today i was told its down to my fibro and would be best to wait till i see the pain management team to see what they want to prescribe me.

anyone else had this problem and what helps with your asthma and does fibro make it worse???
clsmbenn
UKFM Member

Re: Asthma Nurse

Postby *Lisa* » Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:44 pm

Fibro can make your breathing tight even if you dont have asthma so i would imagine it does agrivate it.

I suffer with broncal spasms and chest tightness from the fibro and was on an inhalor just for this until recently i see a GP for sinus infection and on examination diagnosed asthma.
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby clsmbenn » Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:22 pm

thank u lisa

i suppose its just one of those other little things we have to get used to.

:elephant:
clsmbenn
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:43 pm

Yes I found my asthma flares up when I have a FM flare :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby clsmbenn » Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:32 am

thanks denys,

really hope i will get to used it, as i used to be pretty good at controlling it, but last time i had a bad asthma attack, i ended up at a & e cos i also had a panic attack.

things we have to put up with :roll:
clsmbenn
UKFM Member

Postby LouLou » Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:11 pm

Hi clsmbenn

Yep I'm another one. I've had asthma since I was I was a child but found it was never really too bad but since FM it has been worse and I take my inhaelers much more. I have a brown one which is known as the preventor and a blue ventalin one. During a bad flare I too find that my asthma is much worse.

Just another joy of having FM.
What doesn't kill you will only make you stronger ;-)
LouLou
UKFM Regular

Postby clsmbenn » Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:26 pm

thanks loulou,

its hard work. i have a pink inhaler which has both the steroid and preventer together, but the asthma nurse has told me to start using my blue inhaler more often.

i have had a bad few weeks and notice my asthma getting worse, even just walking up the stairs to the loo, lol and i am out of breath.

all these new symptoms due to fibro, i am still trying to get used to.

so if my neck and upper back is painful, oh its just a fibro flare :scream-1:

will get there. :roll:

gentle hugs x
clsmbenn
UKFM Member

Postby LouLou » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:21 am

clsmbenn wrote:i have had a bad few weeks and notice my asthma getting worse, even just walking up the stairs to the loo, lol and i am out of breath.

Same here! lol I don't think the weather has helped much with FM and asthma symptoms but fingers crossed it's going to get warmer soon - or I'm hibernating under my duvet lol.
What doesn't kill you will only make you stronger ;-)
LouLou
UKFM Regular

Return to Doctors & Health Services