[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Is this available in the UK?

Is this available in the UK?

Anything to do with the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Is this available in the UK?

Postby SteveB » Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:38 pm

Hi all. I'm new here. I came accross this today and I wondered if the test is available in the UK?

http://thefmtest.com/

Steve
SteveB
UKFM Newbie

Re: Is this available in the UK?

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:50 pm

:welcome: to the forum Steve :cow-wave: :cow-wave:

The test isn't available here yet, if it's the one I think it is, that was mentioned a few months ago, it isn't widely available anywhere, and to buy it costs something like $700 upwards. I could be wrong on the price of course :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

How long have you been part of the FM Club or are you still going thru the dx~ing process??

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby countyfan » Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:56 pm

Hi,

I remember it being mentioned a couple of weeks ago and yes FP it costs at the moment nearly 800 US dollars.
However, while reading the info on the website I found link to the article on the initial research, which reveals some very interesting findings.

http://www.biomedcentral.com/1472-6890/12/25- don't know whether it will work as a link but it was published in the Dec 12 issue of BMC Clinical Pathology. ;-)
countyfan
UKFM Member

Postby masonsbarms » Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:15 pm

hi countyfan,

i tried the link and sorry it didnt work,

i wish we could go for a blood test and then we could shout it from the roof tops to all the douters and non believers.

take care xx
masonsbarms
UKFM Regular

Postby countyfan » Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:21 pm

Masonsbarms,
Sorry about that.

If you go to the OP link and look in the section on background, you can access the article from there.

I agree it would be beneficial to have a recognised blood test to confirm diagnosis but can't see it being licensed for use in UK anytime yet!

:roll:
countyfan
UKFM Member

Postby SteveB » Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:27 pm

SteveB
UKFM Newbie

Postby perseus » Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:11 pm

Interesting since they claim fibromyalgia, fibrositis, the chronic fatigue syndrome or fibromyocitis are basically the same. If true perhaps there seems to be some serious progress in understanding these diagnosis.

These are the other threads but not much more there

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=16495&p=173639&hilit=test#p173639

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=16040&p=169280&hilit=test#p169280
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia. Regards Stephen
perseus

Postby perseus » Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:46 pm

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia. Regards Stephen
perseus

Return to Doctors & Health Services