confused about neuromas?

Anything to do with the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

confused about neuromas?

Postby animeemo3 » Wed May 29, 2013 7:51 pm

well, I've had flat feet since birth, numerous orthotics and physio have not helped. went to current orthotist today to pick up another pair of inserts and asked to have a look at this strange lump on my foot that has been giving me so many problems. its roughly two inches circular, right in my foot arch, swells up something rotten, cause of major foot pain. doc looked at it, fiddled with it, pushed it around, pressed it etc. after 10 minutes or so of poking and prodding, he said, although he couldn't say for sure, he thought it might be a neuroma. fair enough i though. :roll: carried on, picked up my inserts and hobbled off home. got home and though, I'm going to have a little look on the net, see if there is any massage technique or something to help. cannot find ANYTHING about it. :-? all i can find is mortons neuroma, which is in completely different area of my foot. half hour of searching and still nothing even remotely close to what i have, although what i've read about a mortons neuroma is exactly the same as my swelling. burning pain, thickening skin etc. so has anyone else got this and has a proper name for it? desperate here lol
animeemo3
UKFM Member

Re: confused about neuromas?

Postby whoami » Wed May 29, 2013 8:05 pm

Hi! Sounds painful. It also sounds like a fibroma not a nueroma. A fibroma is something like a ganglion. Are you sure that this is not what he called it a fibroma not a nueroma?
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby animeemo3 » Wed May 29, 2013 8:59 pm

well, he said fibroma at first but because it didn't really hurt when he pushed on it, he kinda ruled fibroma out lol
animeemo3
UKFM Member

Postby whoami » Wed May 29, 2013 9:32 pm

LOL. Are you any more confused. The reason I asked was that a nueroma does not come on the arch of your foot
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby denys » Thu May 30, 2013 8:33 pm

There has been another post about Mortons Neuroma so have a look on there it might help
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby animeemo3 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:48 pm

slight update:
did a little sleuthing on good ol google, and come to the conclusion that it must be a fibroma, it matches the description and area! just did little test, pushed on it a little and while it wasn't screamingly-painful, it WAS painful. so my guess is a fibroma lol seeing gp soon under orthotist's orders to ask for an ultrasound on it (don't know why) so all shall be revealed soon!
animeemo3
UKFM Member

Return to Doctors & Health Services