House and Hospital

Anything to do with the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

House and Hospital

Postby clsmbenn » Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:13 pm

Am chuffed to bits that i have managed to get help for equipment for my house from getting another banister rail for the stairs to getting a bath step and seat to go over the bath. The OT staff have been brill and very understanding.

Also i have managed to get a wheelchair, so i can finally get out of my house and go for long strolls with hubby, kids and dogs as its been awhile since i have done this. think it was last September and then my hubby literally had to carry me home as the pain from walking was unbearable.

Our local hospital is messing me about with my pain management appointments. I had to cancel one in May due to bereavement, and was told could take up to 6 months to get another one, but managed to get on on the 2nd July, then a few days later got another one to say it was changed and at a different hospital for August, then got another letter to say it was back at the first hospital on the 4th july. Then today i got another letter to say scrap the 2nd july your appointment is back at the first hospital, but on the 16 july and your 4th july appointment is also cancelled. :scream-1:

i could scream as getting really fed up with all this pain and to top it of have a bad cold which heightens my pain and the local gp wont help until i have seen pain management. :pull-hair:
clsmbenn
UKFM Member

Re: House and Hospital

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:06 pm

Altho your GP won't help until you've been seen by the pain management bods, might they contact them on your behalf to get your appt details and location confirmed???
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby clsmbenn » Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:15 pm

Thank u for info. I am trying to sort with the hospital liaison people, but will phone the gp's tomorrow and ask them. Thanks again.

Sent from my GEM10313BK using Tapatalk 2
clsmbenn
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:27 pm

I'd just come back to add a bit about PALS (Patient Advice and Liaison Service). Their general online service is no longer operational, so you need to find details for your local one.

Looking at a few random areas, they say they
can and will:

Provide a confidential listening and support service for concerns;
Provide information about NHS treatments and services, and other useful information; and
Advise on resolving queries.

So contacting them might be worth a try :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby denys » Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:17 pm

Hope you managed to get things sorted :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Doctors & Health Services