[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - How Long ?

How Long ?

Anything to do with the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

How Long ?

Postby SylvieS » Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:08 pm

Can anyone advise me how long is the normal waiting time for an appointment letter to be received after being referred to rheumatology (NHS)
Many Thanks

Sent from my GT-S5830i using Tapatalk 2
SylvieS
UKFM Member

Re: How Long ?

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:20 pm

It's not easy to say Sylvie, it varies so much from area to area. Contacting the rheumatology dept you're being referred to and asking them about current waiting times for appts will probably be the best thing to do.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby moomoos » Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:54 pm

do you have Choose and Book system there? I speeded mine up by a month and a half by going on there.
moomoos
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:48 am

I think it can depend on your area too, so the choose and book system can let you look outside of the immediate area you live in :fingerscrossed: you dont have to wait too long :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby SylvieS » Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:17 am

Many thanks for the replies unfortunately I do not have the choose and book option.
But I think the idea of ringing the dept and asking about current waiting times is an excellent idea,at least I would have a rough idea of how long it might be until I get seen.
Many thanks again

SylvieS
UKFM Member

Postby SylvieS » Sat Jun 08, 2013 5:46 pm

Today I received my appt for 17th July so just over 6wks to wait..

SylvieS
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sat Jun 08, 2013 6:00 pm

Not too long to wait Sylvie, and if you say that it's next month, it might make it seem a bit closer :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby SylvieS » Sun Jun 09, 2013 3:26 pm

Love your positive way of thinking...
I was quite pleased with the appt especially as its on a Wed and thats hubbies day off...
So turned out really well
SylvieS
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sun Jun 09, 2013 4:28 pm

It's fallen quite nicely for you. You just need a decent rheumy who will listen to you and take on board the different things you have to say, then you'll have a good chance of your appt being a good one and giving you all the answers you're looking for :goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2:

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby LouLou » Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:57 am

:goodluck2: with your appointment Sylie.
What doesn't kill you will only make you stronger ;-)
LouLou
UKFM Regular

Postby whoami » Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:56 pm

Sylvia...wonderful, I hear it can be quite a wait in some areas.

Make sure you make a list of all your symptoms. Also between now and your appointment write down any questions you may want to ask. If you can, have someone go with you. Some of us are intimidated by a Dr and then get all flustered and forget important things. Good Luck
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Return to Doctors & Health Services