[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - I give up as I dont know what to do any more

I give up as I dont know what to do any more

Anything to do with the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

I give up as I dont know what to do any more

Postby seanto » Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:31 pm

Hi all, i'm seanto(lizzy),19 and i got diagnosed with Fibromyalgia April 2012 after several months of getting my doctor to do something as he wasn't willing to do anything as my blood test showed nothing wrong. In the end I got an appointment with rheumatologist which they changed to an appointment with a neurologist who diagnosed me. Which I was okay as I felt I was finally getting some where with my problomes but no that didnt happen. As I was told that they would wright to my gp to and let him deiced where to go from there. Yet about a month later I ended up going to a&e after badly hurting my ribs from small excursive. To which the lady I had seen said I had pulled a muscle in them and that I should go back to my gp after I had told about what the neurologist had said. As she said my muscle pulling was related to what the neurologist had said.

So I go back to the gp a few days later and he says the best he can offer is nurofen as I cant take pills to save my life. I just end up wanting to vomit every time they enter my moth. He then says I need too excursive more to which I tell him I struggle to do anything more than walking. So he says I need too see a nurse about my breathing and once I have done that I he will send me for physiotherapy. Yet that never happened as when I came in a few months later with issues with my knees as they keep clicking and I get joint pain when I stay in the same perstion to long. The gp who had seen me that day had said it was because I was growing and could not see me about my physiotherapy because thats my gps job. So I complained to gp clinic instead who then print out my records to prove that I was meant to be going for physiotherapy and couldnt understand why I hadnt and told me to speck to my gp.

So I go back in a week later to find me gp had no intention of sending me and then told me that my knee problems where because I had probably pulled a ligament in my knee with out me knowing that I had done so. He then proceeds to ask me if I'm making my symptoms up because I know them so well. He then turned around and told me there was nothing he could do as I'm "too young". He says I should be out there living my life instead of complaining to him about the issues that clause me problems with my life.

To which a few months later I dont know what to do any more nothing has got better and my knees have got worse and I dont want to go back to my gp as i am afraid he will do nothing and that it will be a waste of my time. So do you people have any suggestions and stuff as to what I should do?
seanto
UKFM Newbie

Re: I give up as I dont know what to do any more

Postby MichelleJ » Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:33 pm

Hi lizzy, I think u need to change your g.p. honestly don't think he's gonna be much help to you. As u already have your diagnosis it should be straight forward to change to a new g.p pref practice if. The others are the same at yours, and tell new dr u have a fibro diagnosis and can they sort your meds for you. Can u not take meds in liquid form if tablets are a prob for you? I take mine with milk as that mAkes them go down easier. Physio is ok in that they can start u with gentle exercises but watch they understand fibro as it must be graded. I swim and find that helps. Not tat I could manage cardio now but before I found it hard cos of my asthma so swimming fit better.

You sound very similar to how I was as a teenager with your knees.for me I was awarded 8 yrs of leg exercises for them till I stopped growing from physio. I believe now it was fibro.

Age is no decider with fibro and apart from me I have other friends who've had it since school so don't be brushed off. Keep going till u find a good g.p who believes fibro is real.
Dx with fibromyalgia m.e/Cfs and asthma
MichelleJ
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:57 am

I agree change GP's ask to see a more sympathetic on in your surgery and if there arent any then change surgeries, there is lots that can be done, you are only young and if you are damaging your knees you have a long time to live with the damage :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby fibro-lu » Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:59 pm

Hi Lizzy,
and welcome

I agree with the others, see another gp
all the best :cow-wave: Lu
Mind over Matter: in mind I'm Wonderwoman - in matter, well, - don't mind, doesn't matter
fibro-lu
UKFM Regular

Postby LouLou » Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:14 pm

What doesn't kill you will only make you stronger ;-)
LouLou
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:18 pm

:welcome: to the forum lizzy :cow-wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby seanto » Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:10 pm

So I found out that they have a gp at the clinic that deals with musculoskeletal, joint diseases and pain management. As they had a thing up the clinic telling you about what each gp specializes in and apparently according to the thing my current gp specializes joint injections. However when I was down there to get my knees checked over they couldn't book me in an appointment with the one i would need too see as they only do on the day appointment's unless someone has been told to come back for a follow up. So I have to ring up on a day that gp is in and hope that I can get an apportionment with him. *sigh* So I can finaly get the help i need.

So I tried to book an appointment last Thursday and they weren't open in the afternoon when i was free. So I went to a walk in gp clinic to try and get something for the pain but they booked me into the a&e instead as i would get seen quicker that way along with possibal x-ray. Yet they just told me to go back and see my gp. With the best advice was to get pain relief. So as I cant take pills I got some calpol as I can take liquid stuff fine. I then went in to get my knees checked over the following day at my clinic. I gave the gp I had seen that day(not my normal but not the one i wanted) all the information about my symptoms and stuff to which the gp i had seen in the space of like a few minutes told me that i had little knee muscles. To which he told me to bend my knees back and fourth 300 times a day whilst sat in a up right perstion and when asked what about the pain. He said that bending me knees 300 times a day would make the pain go away. I have not had much improvement in my knees and the pain is still there. He also told me to try cycling which I going to get to work instead of walking hopefully it will make it quicker for me to get to and from work. As at the minute it takes me 30 minuets to walk one way when traveline says it takes 38.

So I'm pretty much just going round in circles at the minute till i get seen by the doctor that deals with what i need.
seanto
UKFM Newbie

Postby thescream » Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:43 pm

hi Lizzy i would change to a new GP surgery. I had to earlier this year as i was having a bad flare up with my fibromyalgia,i have had it for over 16 years and the medication i was on was not helping but my GP wasn't willing to try me on anything different so i changed the new surgery was a little further away but I go in the car anyway as carnt walk far due to lung diseases and fibro. The new GP was really good and has put me on new medication which is helping.I got the new GP recomended from people who attend my local fibromyalgia support group. Good luck i hope you find a good GP let us know how you get on Lizzy x
thescream
UKFM Newbie

Return to Doctors & Health Services