Confirmed......

Anything to do with the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Confirmed......

Postby SylvieS » Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:51 am

Just back ftom my appointment with the rheumatologist...
Appt lasted approx 40mins
Pressure test done and it was very painful....it was then confirmed there and then I have Fibro... my GP had done all the bloods tests so it was really just rubber stamping what he thought was wrong.
Feel quite down to be honest I was hoping it might be the OA spreading to other joints .. silly I know but I went though hoping that it was anything but FIbro
Was offered physio but it was only available at the hospital I went to today and its quite a trek and hubby also would need to take me so they are going to see if my local hospital can do a similiar thing for me... willing to try anything....
I was given a booklet and told they did not need to see me again and aletter would be sent to my GP and a copy would be sent to me.
So there we have it....
Think I will need time to adjust to all this but I do consider myself to be luckier than some who find even getting a GP to take them serious hard
x

Sent from my GT-S5830i using Xparent Pink Tapatalk 2
SylvieS
UKFM Member

Re: Confirmed......

Postby denys » Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:00 am

Sorry you got the dreaded confirmation Sylvie, but at least you know now and can start to adjust to things :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby SylvieS » Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:58 am

My hubby (bless him) said similar , in that we now have a name for it... but did add does it really change anything?
I spent last night awake with things going round and round in my head things I wished I had asked/worrying about progression of the condition/plans we had for the future./how to identify if a new symptom is fibro or something else, and if my GP will take a new symptom as a new symptom and investigste it 'or just put it down to fibro
I do have 2 other life long conditions but these are in a sense monitored by reviews of meds/blood test ,but it appears that noone takes responsibility for Fibro

Sorry for waffling on but this is
so scary
x
SylvieS
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:05 pm

Glad you've finally got a name for things Sylvie, just wish it was something different than this flamin' condition :( :( :( :(

How you were last night is fairly typical of what happens when you get the dx, even when it's one that you've been pretty much expecting. It's as if the realisation and enormity saves it all up to hit you with it all at once, esp when you're wanting to :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep:

The questions you wished you had asked may well be answerable on here if you have a look or post them. The way things will progress isn't an easy one to say what will happen as we're all so different where FM is concerned :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: It may stay the same, it may get worse, or you may be lucky and have some times when it goes dormant(ish). Plus there are meds and treatments to factor in as well, you could find that you fall on the right mix and balance of things for you fairly quickly which keeps things more under your control. It's a case of only time being able to tell you unfortunately :( :( :(

WRT plans for the future, whilst at first it may seem that they may not be achievable, with a little time and learning about how you are affected, you may well find other ways to do the things you hope and dream about. It may not be the way or in the time that you had initially planned/wanted and may take a little longer to reach, but things are still do~able. And who knows, you may even find new things that take your fancy that you may not have considered previously.

If you're taking meds for FM, the should be reviewed regularly, which will give you some monitoring of things. As for what happens when something new develops, that will come down to the relationship you have with your GP. If they tend to take something new as another potential condition to be investigated then things should be OK. The issues tend to start arising if whatever you say about symptoms is brushed off as "just being FM" before you've even had a chance to explain things fully. Hopefully this won't be the case for you tho :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby SylvieS » Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:56 pm

Thankyou for your lovely post...
My symptoms hsve been pretty much constant since Sept with an increase in symptoms during this hot spell.
I will have a good read on here and am hopeful I will get alot of the infomation I Require.
The rhemmy said that the meds I am on Amitriptyline/Noritripyline/Tramadol is a good combination and has said that I could increase the dosage
and add in paracetamol also.
I am sure given time to let this all settle in and learn about how this is going to effect me I will be fine and manage to cope though I appreciate this will take time
Many Thanks again for your encouraging and positve replies
x

SylvieS
UKFM Member

Postby Tracie » Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:52 pm

Sorry to hear ou have fibro found out last week and not dealing with it
Tracie
UKFM Member

Return to Doctors & Health Services