Getting to surgery.

Anything to do with the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Getting to surgery.

Postby lurcher » Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:05 pm

Along with FM I have terrible time with osteoarthritis (Spinal stenosis) and osteoporosis. As my condition has worsened over time I now notice that me attending the surgery for either GP appontments or to attend seening the nurse for Blood pressure checks etc is almost impossible. Therefore instead of being able to get more help now it gets less? I explained this to surgery and was advised to just keep cancelling the appointments untill I am able to attend. :-|
lurcher
UKFM Member

Re: Getting to surgery.

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:33 pm

Have you looked into ways to make getting there a bit easier for you?? Some areas have a volunteer service where people will provide transport to and from things like appts, as well as accompany you into the place where your appt is and stay with you and provide you with any help you may need whilst there, then bring you back home again.

Might be something to consider exploring to see if it might help you.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Re: Getting to surgery.

Postby *Lisa* » Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:37 pm

My surgery do phone consultations if im unable to attend. This may help on some occasions.
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Return to Doctors & Health Services