How Long Did You Wait

Anything to do with the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

How Long Did You Wait

Postby SylvieS » Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:52 pm

Hi Everyone
I was diagnosed 2 weeks ago
I was told by the consultant that a letter would be sent to my GP and to mr confirming this.
To the time of writing this I have not received anything.
Can others tell me how long on average they had to wait for the cofirmation letter....... Please.

I appreciate this will vary from hospital to hospital but just was after a rough idea before I try phoning the rhemmy dept.
Many thanks in advance
Sylvie

Sent from my GT-S5830i using Xparent Pink Tapatalk 2
SylvieS
UKFM Member

Re: How Long Did You Wait

Postby csangel » Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:01 pm

Hi Sylvie,

I had problems with this as the rheumy said they would wait for the blood tests to come back and if that was all clear then my diagnosis would be fibro. Had to chase them up as I got no letter, then when I rang and spoke to the rheumy's receptionist she said - the results came back clear, so we didn't need to get in touch :roll: :roll:

Lack of communication! I would give them a ring and see - or maybe ring your doctors first and ask if they have had anything.

:fingerscrossed:
Health is not valued until sickness comes. ~Thomas Fuller
csangel
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:15 pm

I would speak to your docs first as they may have received the letter and can give you a copy of it, I have waited from 2-3 weeks to 6 weeks before now it just depends :-D :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby SylvieS » Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:54 am

Thankyou for the replies : denys & cdangel
I have phoned them / secretary of the rhemmy told me that its nothing to do with her as these letters are sent elsewhere for typing she gave me another number (advice line) its an message type of thing where you leave your details and someone rings you back within 48hrs.....
I will also check with my GP (I have an Asthma checkup Thursday)
Thanks again for the replies

Sent from my GT-S5830i using Xparent Pink Tapatalk 2
SylvieS
UKFM Member

Return to Doctors & Health Services