Psychology????

Anything to do with the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Psychology????

Postby kazisedso » Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:51 am

Hi all, hope you are all well,

I have been referred via pain clinic to a psychologist to try and find ways to manage, anxiety, depression and to try and help live and deal with pain.
Has anyone else been referred for this?
Was it useful?

I am supposed to attend a 1-2 hr meeting today with other people to find out which way we go with this, whether its group therapy or individual.
I'm not that good in groups of people, I have always been like that, but I'm not sure whether I should try and attend to see if I will benefit from it?
Any comments advice greatly received.
Thanks

Karen
kazisedso
UKFM Member

Re: Psychology????

Postby *Lisa* » Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:38 pm

How did it go?

I would imagine by what you have said that they may possibly refer you for CBT therapy as this gives you lots of techniques and coping skills to help manage symptoms.

You can do that alone or in a group.
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby denys » Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:44 pm

Hope your meeting went well :-D :-D :-D :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby kazisedso » Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:31 pm

Hi all...

No I didn't go... But for a very very good reason,
My Daughter gave birth to a baby boy this afternoon and I was with her throughout!!!
First baby for her and she was only in labour just over 3 hrs!! [FACE SCREAMING IN FEAR][FACE SCREAMING IN FEAR]

Anyway, baby Kaelon ( Kay-lon) Wayne was born at 12.42pm weighing in at 9lb11oz!!!
So my CBT today was watching my first grandson being born [SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES][SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES][SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES].
I am shattered but it was so worth it.
Will go to the next psychology meeting ASAP.

Karen x
kazisedso
UKFM Member

Return to Doctors & Health Services