Finally doc confirms fibro

Anything to do with the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Finally doc confirms fibro

Postby Di davo » Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:47 pm

At my appointment with my doc today he has said, it is fibromyalgia, that's how I am now treating you and we will get this managed :0), it finally feels like I have something to work for now as it was always thrown around with the word "possible" between him and the neurologist who would rather treat chronic migraines and put the other pains down to just my head telling my body I hurt or something like that, so I have always been confused,

The doc is changing me from gapapentine onto pregabalin to see if this one managers things any better, and will refer me to a reumie if these still don't cut it,

He has also booked me on to a course about managing fibromyalgia, which is two hours once a week for five weeks, has anyone else been on one of these?? I'm hoping it will help me understand more,

I have had a few tears alone today, as this does scare me, but I also now have an answer and it is something, ok..... Something I will have to learn how to manage and ensure it doesn't take a hold of our life's
Hugs to you all xxx
Last edited by FluppyPuffy on Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Made paragraphs clearer for easier reading.
Di davo
UKFM Member

Re: Finally doc confirms fibro

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:57 pm

Glad you've finally been given a definite name for things, being in LimboLand is never nice :( :( :( How it's made you feel, with the fear and being upset, is part of the process we all seem to have to go thru when we finally get that name for our "companion". You may find it stays with you for a little while, but it will start to pass :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

For some, if Gabapentin doesn't help, Pregabalin can be more effective, hopefully you will find it to be so :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:

There have been a few mentions about courses for managing FM, if you try using the search box in the top right corner of each page, it should bring up some relevant posts and topics that could be helpful to you. I've been thru a number of sessions that covered a similar thing, altho they were related to CFS. I found them helpful as they covered the nature of the condition, approaches to tackle then manage the physical, emotional and psychological aspects of the condition and how to use them each day to get the best from them. I've been able to use a lot of the techniques for both CFS and FM, so for me, it was worth doing.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Return to Doctors & Health Services