pain clinic appt......

Anything to do with the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

pain clinic appt......

Postby debsmith » Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:14 pm

Hi guys wish me luck off to pain clinic appt waited 8months for yet still waiting for pysio appt!!! I also had letter for referal to another place re: hoping for diagnoses! But again have to wait til JANUARY!!!! Couldn't even go to oxford no appts available,none ether in fairford!!!! Soooooo frustrating! Any one else have to wait as long??? Then they wonder why ur stressed and in pain grrrrrrrr fed up with all this waiting debbie xxx
debsmith
UKFM Member

Re: pain clinic appt......

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:06 pm

:goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2: Debs :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: Hope you will be seen by someone decent that acknowledges you're a human being, and can come up with something helpful for you :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby debsmith » Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:23 pm

:needhug: :needhug: hia everyone feel gobsmaked to be honest! relief/and lots of ? consultant did tests with differant things inc cotton wool . she has confirmed yes i do have fibro + osteoauthritis in hips sorry cant spell last bit for once in my life i cant speak! is that normal? she also apoligized that i slipped threw the system. i was in tears 8mths ago with a differant consultant who wasnt nice! i persume this will get back to him? and i hope he kicks his own butt! lots of info to read now and appt with her in 8weeks much better than 8mths xxx
debsmith
UKFM Member

Postby whoami » Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:36 pm

Deb, I am so happy for you. Things went well. Crying from a diagnosis is normal, being gobsmacked another. I cried because somebody finally put a name to what was wrong. I didn't care what rhe name was, just that it was something.
I also, as many others here have osteoarthritis.

Deb, hang on to this posotive attitude, remember how you felt today, when you get down. Read away, learn all you can.

Sad but I am happy for you, happy, in a good way that only someone with fibro can understand, happy you have been told the name and that you have something that is going to make your life painfully long, LOL

:welcome: and lots of :grouphug:

Lorraine
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby debsmith » Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:11 pm

Awwwww thank u for ur kind words and hugs I haven't quite mastered that yet LOL....... I'm guna go home have a coffee strong and sweet,take my pills and mong out a bit! Get my head round it all its been years and years me saying something wrong yet was only my new gp who took any notice! Feel numb but relieved how I feel has a name! She did say I'd have to think long term re job etc but have to work who will put food on table atherwize! Not guna give it up just yet I love it I don't know whether anyone else has trouble trying to get ur other half to actualy listen+understand I find that the most frustrating tbh!!!! He trys to care but doesn't realli grasp it + probs with hips too double whammy!! Not guna get me down I'm a stubborn lady pmsl to a point like u guys too xxxx
debsmith
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:55 pm

Sounds like it was quite an appt debs :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: And now you know which names your problems have. Feeling a bit numb, empty afterwards is fairly typical of what happens after the FM stamp is placed on you. You may find over the next few days that you feel abit more emotional or frustrated than you normally are as getting "the name" can stir up all sorts of thoughts and feelings. It will pass tho, and then you can set out on the road to finding the best way for you to live with your conditions. We'll be with you along the way to guide and help you, or drive you completely :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: if you'd prefer that instead :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby debsmith » Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:34 pm

:crazy: it sure has been a crazy day! I'd just like to say thank u guys for ur support :-D. It means a lot to know there are people out there just like u! And ur not going lala! Pmsl! I took a letter to my gp but he's away til nxt wk b4 that would of wound me up but not so much now :-D no doubt he will call me then one thing tho at appt consultant said she won't allow me to slip threw the system again........... I guess they,ve cocked up with regards to last 1 8mths ago not listning or even examining me has any1 else had a cotton wool test and pin test? I had to shut my eyes + tel her when I felt something whitch was each time she lifted my left leg and OOOWW!!! Just went on like that feel drained now YAWN! Xxx :roll: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
debsmith
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:52 pm

I've had a number of those cotton wool and pin tests over the years. Sometimes a feather has been used instead of the cotton wool, which is even more tickly on me, esp when my feet are tested :-D :-D :-D :-D It's designed to see what your sensations are like by the way you react to the 2 types of stimulation across various areas of the body. There are parts of me that can't feel when the pin is being pressed on me, and there are other areas where, when the cotton wool or feather is very lightly stroked across my skin, what starts off as a tickling sensation very quickly becomes agonising :yikes: :yikes: :yikes:

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby debsmith » Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:02 pm

Its a weird feeling isn't it she stuck pin in certain area,s I didn't feel much or flinch then she ran a long thing lol up both feet my feet didn't flicker at all confused.com! Then shut eyes re cotton wool felt every time it was on me I was lucky I didn't have the feather lol!!!! Quite a long test isn't it how do u manage at night time and am,s? That's hell 4me : ( I take pregablin,anatriptiline,co-codimals it should knock me out but Noooooooo grrrrrrr do u sleep for a few hrs at a time? I finaly go of around 1am! Til around 4am awake then til 5 ish so frustrating and feel every crease etc its the deep butt pain that's worse at night OH the joys! Xxx
debsmith
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:47 pm

My sleep is completely shot at the moment, so I'm spending most of the time looking like :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: I'll be awake until 3 or 4 in the morning, then go to bed and spend the next few hours until I need to get up dropping off for a few minutes at a time, then waking up again due to something hurting or twitching and jerking. I've tracked my sleep patterns at different times, and in total over say 5 hours, if I'm really lucky, I'll get about half an hour of sleep.

When things aren't at their worst, I tend to manage about 2 hours sleep, then I'll be woken up by the hurtys or twitchies, be awake for an hour or so, then go back off again for another hour or 2. Been a long, long time since a I had a really decent nights sleep and woke up feeling the benefits of it :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby debsmith » Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:16 pm

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: I guess we all look like that lol u got to have some laughs or ud go bonkers!!!! Poor u hun :fingerscrossed: we all get a few hrs kip hard tho isnt it each time we move bang awake! im soooooooo thankful my daughter is amazing! she cleans every day + cooks meal in evening such a good young lady so proud of her but feel lots of guilt to that she does these things when it should b me! i still work at min so pysicly cannot do a thing after gosh this fibro is nasty :roll: :roll: :roll: let's hope all of us get a little sleep 2nite I'm so glad I found this website thanks guys xxxxx
debsmith
UKFM Member

Return to Doctors & Health Services