Symptom list

Anything to do with the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Symptom list

Postby Pinkprincess205 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:56 pm

Going to see neuro tomo and want to bring a symptom list, but don't know the best way to write it down. Do you write each body part and state what happens to each part or write a list of heading eg pain and then write under what different pains I get eg achy, shooting ect and not write what part it effects.
I won't be able to remember everything so need to have it written down but don't want pages of info.
Please help
Pinkprincess205
UKFM Member

Re: Symptom list

Postby whoami » Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:11 pm

I can only say what I would do, you need to do it how you are comfortable.

Make your list of symptoms. Eg: Pain....where you get the pain, what triggers it, what helps your pain, how severe it can
get on a 1 to 10 level.

List other symptoms. Don't get too detailed or your Dr may wander off or you will get overwhelmed reading them.

Just be honest, answer the questions as best as you can. You will do fine. Just make sure you write the important things down.
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:24 pm

You could use a list of symptoms from a reputable site as the basis for yours, adding and/or removing ones that aren't applicable to you. Try looking Here or Here for somewhere to start, then take it from there.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Ruthyboo » Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:06 pm

I have "My Pain Diary" as an app on my phone. It's dead easy to use and you can print it out or email it directly to our rheumy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Ruthyboo
UKFM Member

Return to Doctors & Health Services