[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Rheumatology appointment today

Rheumatology appointment today

Anything to do with the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: Rheumatology appointment today

Postby fletch » Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:38 pm

Been to the doctors today and told him I was disappointed with the Rheumy doctor and the doctor said there in not a cure and if the pain killers don't work you have to just manage as best I can and alter my lifestyle to make every day things easer
fletch
UKFM Member

Postby julesleics » Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:48 pm

Hi Fletch

If it is any consolation that is pretty much the same attitude I have come across. One thing though I have found is it does help to pace yourself and try and ensure you rest up as needed. Don't push yourself too much I know some people think you should push yourself but this is where you need to be able to pace. For example I know if I go with my partner to do the shopping afterwards I am going to be tired and achy so I know I need to rest up afterwards.

I have been quite low just lately but being able to come on here and express how I am feeling has helped I am still quite low but I am not beating myself up so much and I think that is important not to beat yourself up. At the end of the day we have a chronic illness which is not through any fault of our own. I was getting quite depressed about the lose weight attitude when I am already doing that but now I have took a step back and thought no I am not going to let that get me down.

I think as said before it is right a rheumatologist will make the diagnosis and then either help with medication or refer you to pain clinic and after that then they put you in GPS care. Alas there seems little GPs can actually do. I think some people are in rheumatology clinics whereby they have consultants who are more sympathetic and try to offer different options whereas the rest of us are stuck with clinics that have consultants who are not really interested in FM. I think a lot of it is luck of the draw and where you live to be honest.

I have said in a previous thread I feel that there is lack of support and that it was getting me down so I can understand your frustration and feelings. I had a really good GP where I used to live and a brilliant asthma nurse who used to help me but now no one seems really interested, basically I get told learn to manage and cope with your illness which is not easy when you are in pain.

I have recently started pregablin but it is too early yet to say whether it is working but just a thought Fletch might be worth asking if there is any other pain killer you could take to help with the pain (I don't know what you are on). The rheuma kept putting me on amitrytline which didn't suit me at all (four times in all I have tried that) and then said if it don't work then there is nothing but the GP came out with you could try pregablin so I am giving it a go.

Sending you much love and hugs.
julesleics
UKFM Member

Postby zappa20 » Sat Nov 02, 2013 6:36 am

zappa20
UKFM Member

Postby fletch » Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:39 pm

Thanks all for the replies I do appreciated your input

Next time I'm at the docs I will ask about the pain clinic thanks
fletch
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:03 pm

Hi Fletch, I agree with Lisa about the talking therapies a lot of the pain clinics have these available as part of the course so :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: you will get some help and support :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Previous

Return to Doctors & Health Services