What help is available

Anything to do with the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

What help is available

Postby Rachellou » Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:14 pm

So I've been back to the doctors, he recently gave me a sick note for 4 weeks after agreeing I wasn't ready for working at the moment I got put on ESA,

I have today gone back to the doctors told him that the meds don't work I no longer drive my car unless it's absolutely necessary and that I cannot walk very far without the pain and tiredness

I told him I felt like everything was being taken away from me slowly .. The doctor has now up some of my meds and changed the anti inflammatory he didn't seem to note that I couldn't get out and about like I use to.

I am now sat thinking where else can I get help from does anyone think that social services can help??

UKFM Member
Posts: 46
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:25 am

Re: What help is available

Postby denys » Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:52 pm

They may be able to help with an Occupational Health visit to see if you need any aids but your doc can help with a referral too, he can also help with referrals to things like pain clinics if they are available in your area or maybe one of the talking therapies, these can help you to manage the condition a bit better and sometimes just talking to someone not related can help to set things straight for you

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
User avatar
UKFM Veteran
Posts: 11901
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:05 pm

Return to Doctors & Health Services

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest