Doctors appointment to discuss dx

Anything to do with the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Doctors appointment to discuss dx

Postby HeppiBean » Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:22 pm

Ok, so I was diagnosed with fibro by a rheumatologist who basically said "you have fibro, lose weight, exercise and read this leaflet". I did some research into fibro when i got home, but would like to talk to my gp about it.

I've heard that a lot of doctors can be dismissive about fibro, and aren't very good at treating it...

Does anyone have any advice with dealing with gps when it comes to fibro? I'm going to book an appointment for 2/3 Jan xx

Katie. Mummy to 2 with Fibro and HMS.
Sent from my HTC One using TapaTalk.
HeppiBean
UKFM Member

Re: Doctors appointment to discuss dx

Postby Katie Louise » Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:31 pm

Persistence you may have to go back a few times. The biggest mistake I made after being diagnosed was to be adamant that I would not let it affect my life. It is impossible something has to give I was diagnosed last year and still struggle to juggle 2 young children work a degree and the house work. I exercised to the extreme and have found that swimming is the pnly exercise my body can cope with. When having a bad day remember water is always your friend even if it is just laying in the bath. Good luck with your appointment we are all here to support you or just for you to rant at us x

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk
Katie Louise
UKFM Member

Re: Doctors appointment to discuss dx

Postby HeppiBean » Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:45 pm

Thanks Katie Louise. (my name is Katie Louise ha ha) I'm pretty stubborn when I need to be so I'll stick to it xx

Katie. Mummy to 2 with Fibro and HMS.
Sent from my HTC One using TapaTalk.
HeppiBean
UKFM Member

Return to Doctors & Health Services