Xrays and appointments

Anything to do with the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Xrays and appointments

Postby whoami » Sat Feb 01, 2014 6:23 am

So as many of you know I have been diagnosed with fibro for 25 years. :pull-hair:

The Dr asked to see me a couple of weeks ago. He said that when I first got sick I saw him twice a week. Now, for the fibro I see him once a year, LOL Let's face it nothing is going to change in a hurry. I see him occasionally for other issues (many surgeries) but the fibro isn't discussed. He now wants to see me more often for the fibro. :facepalm:

I have been for xrays on most of my body, have a bone density in a couple of weeks and a bone scan. I can't imagine what else he wants. With the other issues I have had I think that everything in my body has been xrayed,.fixed, removed or zapped with radiation, LOL :yikes:

My meds have been the same for 8 years now, other than when I have needed other meds for other conditions, cancer etc.

Have any of you had your Dr call and say he thinks he would like to see you more often? Do more tests and xrays. Most that have been done more than once over the years.
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Re: Xrays and appointments

Postby debsmith » Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:51 pm

Hia hun

I think its a good thing to see u more often I think some gp,s are changing there attitude to fibro at last!!! Mine is lovely all I have to do is call surgery and he rings back very quickly! I say sorri me again and nothing is to much trouble 4him :) but at min waiting 4 injections into both sides of knee its flippin AGONY!!!! Poor u being exrayed+zapped sending hugs 2u since my op in dec getting numb pinkie+side of hand so god knows what else is going on ahhhhhhh!!!!! Its 1 thing after another isn't it, feel crappy today daughter taking woofs out + I just can't that realli PEE,S me off loved walking them xxx
debsmith
UKFM Member

Postby whoami » Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:54 pm

I also have a great Dr. When I had the accident he sat by my bed in the hospital for almost 2 hours waiting for me to come round. He has been great about the fibro from day one. I said he is just jealous as other Dr's see me more often, LOL.
[i][b]

whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby debsmith » Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:04 pm

Hia

LOL but seriously that's so nice waiting by ur bed :) just proves there r some very decent doc,s out there! Mine is lovely never a bother and has bags of empathy, he promised me he won't stop til he finds out "all" wrong but before that was a battle new dr joined recently thank god but saw all the others and zero!! I hope u have as pain free a weekend as u can xxx
debsmith
UKFM Member

Postby fibro-lu » Sun Feb 02, 2014 6:21 pm

have an appointment tomorrow morning with gp
will ask him again to send me for either x-ray or mri-scan for neck and back
he refused so far on a yearly basis but wants me to go physio instead
last time physio called I didn't even make an appointment
fingers crossed I will convince him tomorrow to send me off
back and neck are killing me and I have to go for acupressure far too often (car accident when 17, with about 120km/h from back seat head on to dash board)
sorry to hijacking your thread Lorraine
rant over
all the best :cow-wave: Lu
Mind over Matter: in mind I'm Wonderwoman - in matter, well, - don't mind, doesn't matter
fibro-lu
UKFM Regular

Postby whoami » Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:37 pm

No need for apologies. I would start by suggesting xrays for your neck and back and see what the results are. If you ask for an MRI your Dr may get his back up by the cost of these things. I don't know your Dr though he may say he will order the MRI.
[i][b]

whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby fibro-lu » Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:17 pm

got in and asked for an x-ray

he wasn't to keen on it because of radiation but agreed finally to have my neck done

I am glad he is considerate about stuff like radiation etc., still I need to know what is going on
:blowkiss:
all the best :cow-wave: Lu
Mind over Matter: in mind I'm Wonderwoman - in matter, well, - don't mind, doesn't matter
fibro-lu
UKFM Regular

Postby whoami » Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:03 pm

I had a conversation with the technologist about radiation and xrays last week. The equipment is so much better than years ago. The amount of radiation we are exposed to is so little to be concerned about.

I asked because I have had many xrays over the years. I actually had a laugh and scare at my treatment for cancer...I actually drank the radiation!
[i][b]

whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby kitkat74 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:14 am

Gosh,

What area do you all live in??? My gps don't really understand at all. Like you all I too am sick of being scanned, zapped and prodded (not sure that's right) got work in a few hours can't keep doing this.

Night x
kitkat74
UKFM Member

Return to Doctors & Health Services