What can be done

Anything to do with the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

What can be done

Postby Rachellou » Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:08 pm

So many people will know I was officially diagnosed with fibromyalgia this time last year after 19 years of suffering,

I went back to the doctors in January to be referred to someone because I was struggling getting out and about walking,

The good doctor is referring me to a rheumatologist and the appointment has come through for my birthday;

Can anyone tell me what a rheumatologist can do as I am under the impression that he can only diagnose the condition,

A different rheumatologist diagnosed the condition last year and at a different hospital,

I have also started a bad flare up of eczema which is now all over my body I have to wear gloves most the time to stop me causing damage to my skin,

I have also got a low vitamin D level of 12 the doctor said it needs to e above 50,

The only real support I have is my mum and sister who I love to bits

I have a partner who doesn't always believe in the condition and he is coming to the hospital appointment and I am worried about everything I tell the rheumatologist because I have tried to explain it to the other half but he struggles to understand

My mum says it my do him some good to come to the appointment and listen to what I say

Thanks for reading, I just feel worried x
Rachellou
UKFM Member

Re: What can be done

Postby denys » Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:10 pm

They can refer you to a physio and recommend suitable meds for you, they may have access to pain clinics etc. Your mum is right it may do your OH good to come with you and hear you explaining things :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: for the day
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Rachellou » Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:24 am

Thank you for your reply, fingers crossed that everyone in my life starts to understand,

I haven't slept very good these last few days, I was asleep this afternoon and my brothers came up to see me,

My other half was playing in the garage and my brothers didn't have the heart to wake me,

They stopped in the garage lol
Rachellou
UKFM Member

Postby debsmith » Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:24 pm

Hia

I saw a rhummi for 1st time recently + like u wasn't to sure what they do or can do, when I went my GP had ordered bloods to b done so at appt she could see if sumthing up, it was low ferritin so GP gave me tabz 4that, I was also in agony with knee OUCHY!!! Rhummi ordered ultrasound+injection of that plus mri of my back,they can order most tests,scans etc if needed hun so don't worri :)

I too have OH who has no clue how I feel 24/7!!! Nor does he try to understand!!!! But 1 thing I wish I'd done was write to rhummi in advance of appt to let he/she know what ur up against! So rhummi could hopefuly spell it "out" to OH in a language OH understands LOL! But seriously I hear u its same 4me too good luck with rhummmi etc they can also perscribe medz 4u xxx :crazy: :crazy:
debsmith
UKFM Member

Return to Doctors & Health Services