Back to GP

Anything to do with the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Back to GP

Postby hazely » Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:11 pm

So I went back to the GP today and she said the reaction of the Rheumatologst was as she expected because they can't be bothered with people they can't cure. Grh, so why bother wasting my time and there's sending me there. Anyway she has decided that I still have fm which Orthopaedic diagnosed in October and I have been given some meds to try. Got to go back in a month
hazely
UKFM Member

Re: Back to GP

Postby Garyl » Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:25 pm

Hazely i was first sent to a Rheumatologst about 8 years ago as GP felt i had osteo and Rheumtoid arthritis, the Doctor was better then i could wish for, he was visibily shaken when he told me i had Fibromyalgia he then spent 10 minutes apologising to me and explaining there was no cure and very little he could do to help me. Just to see my GP as often as needed and try different pain relief . He recommended in his letter to my doctor a pain killer which worked for awhile but then was less effective am now on a pain killer which i take 3 times daily between 8 and 8pm. I then take a combination of pain relief at night hour before bed that helps somedays not others.

It appears that there is nothing they can really do for Fibro, we just have to stay strong and do what we can to help ourselves. i am in my 10th year now and some days i am unable to cope, but keep going and try advise where i can.
Garyl
UKFM Member

Postby zappa20 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:52 am

It's a common response as there is very little they can do or advise with fibro other than diagnose it. Although some will be more helpful than others. You could ask your GP to refer you to a Pain clinic which might be able to offer you a range of various options to try from medication combinations, acupuncture, aromatherapy, CBT, physio etc. Hopefully you'll find one of them which will help.
zappa20
UKFM Member

Postby hazely » Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:32 pm

Hi thanks for replies she did say in December she was referring me for physio but heard nothing yet will chase it up when i go back
hazely
UKFM Member

Return to Doctors & Health Services