Finally!!

Anything to do with the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Finally!!

Postby nikkinoo » Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:21 pm

Finally feel like I'm getting some support...

Rheumatology yesterday defo confirmation of fibro, I have all 18 trigger points, not good, but have to start physio some form of structured exercise and talk of hydrotherapy. Up dose of amitriptyline 10mg each week for 3 weeks, if no change gabapentin, regular paracetamol and tramadol when needed.

Doctors today, more tabs and more domperidone, 2 wonderful GP's at my surgery very supportive and believe in fibro and are supportive of treatment and trying different alternatives.
Suggestion of organic food, and trying gluten free for a month see how I go...

Citizen advice also supportive, said they are quite confident I would qualify for pip and told me to apply for esa and pip at same time, as assessment from esa will be used towards pip, said call social services for them to take over care of mother in law, and said if I need them to just go straight back and they will help anyway they can.

So overall feeling confident today, beside major pain and aching, tiredness, headache and feeling sick, and also stupid nose bleeds.

Fingers crossed I can get things sorted out with pip and esa to get the help I need and continue to get the support like I've had from medical staff.

Next rheumy appoint in 4 months, next appointment to try sort the kidney out!

Hope your all doing ok and not in too much pain, time for a rest I think before I fall asleep typing this.

Gentle hugs

x
Before you assume, learn the facts... Before you judge, understand why... Before you hurt someone, feel... Before you speak, think... This is my message to all who do not take the time to understand what we go through.
nikkinoo
UKFM Member

Re: Finally!!

Postby denys » Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:46 pm

Brilliant news, glad you got so much from your appointments and that things are moving forward for you. :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Re: Finally!!

Postby nikkinoo » Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:44 am

Thanks Denys :-D I hope others manage the same too...

Guess its down to what the medical teams are like that your with.

x
Before you assume, learn the facts... Before you judge, understand why... Before you hurt someone, feel... Before you speak, think... This is my message to all who do not take the time to understand what we go through.
nikkinoo
UKFM Member

Return to Doctors & Health Services