From bad to worse

Anything to do with the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

From bad to worse

Postby princess 2014 » Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:35 pm

Hi everyone, well things aren't improving for me, they have actually got a lot worse as I've now been signed off sick by my dr with depression to add to my constant pain and misery. I have also spoken to a different dr in my practice who is going to start the tests to see if I do actually have fibromyalgia rather than another dr just saying yes you have it and nothing we can do. I'm just feeling really down in the dumps and can't see that things are going to improve anytime soon :(
princess 2014
UKFM Newbie

Re: From bad to worse

Postby becbob » Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:26 am

Hi princess 4. I know exactly how you are feeling. I too have been there and I'm sure most people here have too. There is help to be found and with the right course of medicines and exercise you maybe able to lead nearly normal life. I've been through hell and back and have been really down but I am now back at work and learning to cope with this illness.
I am now on Duloxetine 30mg, Amitriptyline 10mg and Tramadol 50mg. It has really helped me especially the Duloxetine. I know it's not for everyone but it has really helped me. Do some research and maybe discuss with your doctor about trying different drugs. I think it can sometimes be a case of trial and error. I am only part time back at work and I still have to rest often and I am still learning about my limitations. It can seem like an uphill battle. But I am soooo much better than I was.
I really hope you can get some relief soon and I wish you well. Just know that we are all here to offer help and support when you need it most. This site has helped me tremendously.
Never judge on looks alone. Real beauty comes from with in.
becbob
UKFM Member

Return to Doctors & Health Services