[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Private Healthcare

Private Healthcare

Anything to do with the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Private Healthcare

Postby MikH-D » Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:33 am

So I must admit I am lucky, my husbands new job covers me for private healthcare eg. A certain amount for test and appointment. How much would you guess to cost for a appointment to see if I have lupus as gp thinks this maybe the case I just want to know if I would have anything to pay ontop before I request referral and am not full covered

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MikH-D
UKFM Member

Re: Private Healthcare

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:53 pm

It might be worth contacting the private healthcare provider to see if they have a number of clinics that they refer people to, and contact them for an idea about the costs involved in the investigating/dx~ing process for a condition. Or even have a look yourself for clinics in/around where you are and contact them to see what it would cost.

I personally wouldn't like to have a guess as we don't all follow the same paths when being investigated. Some may need additional tests, scans etc compared to others, which could all have a bearing on the final cost.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Re: Private Healthcare

Postby denys » Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:30 pm

I agree, different healthcare providers will have different scales and you would need to know how much cover you have under your husbands policy so give them a call and then you can decide what you want to do
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Doctors & Health Services