Chiroptactors??? any good??

Anything to do with the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Chiroptactors??? any good??

Postby TNK* » Fri May 16, 2014 1:15 am

Im willing to try anything to lessen the pain i am in, so was hoping someone could tell me some experiences of visiting chiropractors...

I have constant pain in my right hip at the minute, some in my right arm and the knee i had an op on last year which was fine, has now started to flare up again?

would love to know if I chiro could help, i would gladly spend the pennies if it meant less pain!
A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes When You're Fast Asleep ºOº

Jo xx
TNK*
UKFM Member

Re: Chiroptactors??? any good??

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri May 16, 2014 12:05 pm

Been a long, long time since I went to one, way before FM was dx'd. When I did go, it really helped, but I can't say if it could help with FM unfortunately.

It's something that pops up periodically, and when it does, the general sort of advice is try to find a practitioner who is familiar with FM and/or other similar conditions and have a decent talk with them before deciding what to do.

Like so many other things when it comes to FM, for some it can help, for others tho, it can make very little or no difference at all.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Re: Chiroptactors??? any good??

Postby *Lisa* » Fri May 16, 2014 12:26 pm

Its one of those therapies that works for some and not others but worth a try.

It didnt help me it actualy caused more problems because at that time the stiffness and pain was located only in my neck. Once the treatment finished the pain had spread throughout my body but my neck was a little better :shock: i must also stress that the treatment on my neck flared it so bad as its harsh that it felt like i couldnt keep my head on my shoulders :yikes: the tension when released from my neck then just sat in other areas which was not effected before hand.

My friend tho had a great response and felt so much better so its very random
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Return to Doctors & Health Services