gp doesn't believe

Anything to do with the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

gp doesn't believe

Postby Mumihippo » Sun May 18, 2014 2:15 pm

What can I do when my own gp doesn't believe. He keeps telling me how well I am looking. That I don't look ill.
I had a lovely understanding gp but she isn't there anymore. The new gp has just written me off and has made his views very clear. That I am fine and well and this that.
I'm completely lost now and don't know what to do.
The practice manager is also useless and even when u wrote requesting you have some notes changed. Like the comments on
my med notes saying I looked well . I was told that the doctor could basically write what he wanted but why is it from a ten minute appt the doc gets to chose the few words to have there in black and white forever.
Mumihippo
UKFM Member

Re: gp doesn't believe

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sun May 18, 2014 3:50 pm

Have you tried seeing a different GP at your surgery??? If so, and it wasn't any/much better, then you may need to consider changing surgeries. If swapping to a different one isn't possible, the only other thing I can think of is to contact PALS. The linky will help you find the nearest one to where you are.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Sallyann » Sun May 18, 2014 3:54 pm

I kept a pain diary which helped to show what my symptoms were, how often I had them, the severity of them etc... Unfortunately, 'you look well' is often heard by people with 'invisible' illnesses, but stick to your guns and keep at them.
Sallyann
UKFM Newbie

Postby Diane64 » Wed May 28, 2014 10:00 am

Have you been diagnosed with Fibro? if not then request a second opinion and referral to rheumatology, I am sure you do have the right to another professional opinion. looking good and feeling good are not the same as you know, we all try to make an effort to look good, that doesn't mean that's how we feel! a doctor should know better!
Diane64
UKFM Member

Return to Doctors & Health Services