Terrified - Psycology referral

Anything to do with the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: Terrified - Psycology referral

Postby ouchisme » Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:42 am

FluppyPuffy wrote:Is there a different GO you can see??? Using a threat such as stopping medication to get you to do what he wants is surely a big NO NO!!!!

Every once in a while, a dog enters your life and changes everything xx

i couldn't agree more with flupps
Had symptoms for 5yrs. Dx February 2011
ouchisme
UKFM Member

Postby V_Eeyore » Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:35 pm

Thanks guys,

I didn't realise Pregabalin had a bad reputation? So far it is the only thing that has seemed to help?

Well the appointment was interesting, the Dr I saw was nice enough however see seemed less interested in hearing about any of my symptoms or problems and more interested in asking if I had an eating disorder, alcohol problem, or heard voices in my head. She asked almost no questions about my pain, or other symptoms but quizzed me on my family and friends and my work, is this normal?

It felt like she had already made up her mind before I went in, she has however referred me for CBT, is this good? has anyone found it helpful?

Thanks
V
V_Eeyore
UKFM Member

Postby ouchisme » Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:39 pm

sounds like standard stuff to be honest but it would also depend on what the referral letter had in it :dunno: x
Had symptoms for 5yrs. Dx February 2011
ouchisme
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:23 pm

CBT, or CBT~based therapy can be extremely helpful. The therapist will guide you so you can explore the various areas and problems that you have difficulties with, and with their help, find ways to help challenge them and handle them more effectively. It doesn't change the levels of pain that you experience, or the number of symptoms you have, but it does arm you with coping strategies which you can use whenever you need them to help you manage a situation.

It can be rather hard work in finding your way thru things, but once it brings you out on the other side, the difference can be rather :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: CBT isn't for everyone, if it doesn't suit you, the therapist working with you should be able to spot this early on and made changes to see if they help you.

If you can go into it with an open mind and the aim of simply getting as much as you can from sessions, you might find yourself feeling a bit more :chicken-dance: :chicken-dance: :chicken-dance:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Previous

Return to Doctors & Health Services