worried about gp

Anything to do with the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

worried about gp

Postby Crafty_Lady » Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:53 pm

i know there are a few topics on here about seeing your gp but i just wanted to say that i am nervous of actually seeing my gp, i haven't seen him since i was told about Fibro through the Pain clinic. I have his email address (at the doctors) incase i need any prescriptions etc, so i have messaged him twice to update him on the situation, twice having mentioned the fibro situation and i have had no answer from him either time (this was ages ago)... so it just makes me nervous that he maybe doesn't believe in it or even know about it. He has always been a very helpful gp to me when i had my back surgeries etc ... i'm just nervous to talk about it. I know i will have to soon though as i haven't been able to discuss it with anyone, so at the mo i am feeling a bit alone with it all.
Crafty_Lady
UKFM Member

Re: worried about gp

Postby Lindilou » Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:19 pm

Well make an appointment and write down what you want to say to your gp. You may be surprised.
Lindilou

Re: worried about gp

Postby Theresa34 » Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:47 pm

Does the pain clinic not send him their diagnosis on you? I know that whenever I've been to the hospital for various appointments, I always get a letter from that clinic and its copied to my GP surgery. I would do what the above poster said, make an appointment and write down anything you might want to discuss. He might not have got the emails x
I am a fibro fighter not a fibro sufferer. I will keep fighting from the minute I get up til the minute I go to bed.
Theresa34
UKFM Member

Return to Doctors & Health Services