IRVINE Ayrshire

Anything to do with the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

IRVINE Ayrshire

Postby Mcclungt5 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:49 pm

Im in kilmarnock does anyone know of any GPs that have a particular interest in Fibro or have made it their mission to be knowledgable about this "illness" for the sake of their patients I desperately need to move surgery but im reluctant to move in case its worse its not even due to any of the Drs I see its the receptionists I cannot take their attitude any more ive been at that surgery since birth it was one of the retired partners who delivered me so they have all seen me going from a full time working nurse to a wheelchair housebound pain ridden middle age woman they reduce me to tears would never offer to help if ive got things with meds mixed up but when they mess up ive to sit with no meds for days, responsibility/power do they know the difference?
Mcclungt5
UKFM Member

Re: IRVINE Ayrshire

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:10 pm

I've split you off from where you had originally posted and moved you into here as it's a more suitable board for what you're asking about.

There are a couple of things you to try to see if there is a suitable GP at another surgery. Firstly, see how many surgeries there are in your area/within easy access for you. When you have this info, contact them and ask them a few questions. Start off with something like do they have any patients registered with FM, CFS/ME or other similar conditions. If the answer is yes, then ask if there is a particular GP who tends to see these patients, or has an interest in such conditions. If this answer gives you a name, then you could ask about what would be involved for a patient to move/transfer there. If it helps, create a scenario for yourself, such as you're moving into the area soon and are looking for a suitable GP.

Alternatively, see if there are any support groups in and around your area. If there are, try contacting them about suggestions for surgeries/GPs that might be suitable, or even to avoid if necessary.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby HazelB » Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:50 pm

Hi, there is a support group in Kilmarnock... Some of their members may be able to help point you in direction of a good doctor in the area. I will get you their contact info tomorrow xxx

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
(soft hugs)
Hazel xxx
HazelB
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:47 am

Your practice should have a manager and its your right to complain about your treatment, receptionists are there to smooth the way to the doctor not make life as miserable as they can, but I know what you mean there are a couple at our surgery but fortunately for us the others more than make up for them
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby HazelB » Sat Jul 19, 2014 4:20 pm

Ayrshire fibromyalgia self help group contact details (sorry it took me a bit longer)

ayrshirefibromyalgia@hotmail.co.uk 0844 887 2610

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
(soft hugs)
Hazel xxx
HazelB
UKFM Member

Postby Mcclungt5 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:26 pm

Thank you Hazel b
Mcclungt5
UKFM Member

Return to Doctors & Health Services