So upset and bloody angry right now!!

Anything to do with the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

So upset and bloody angry right now!!

Postby Zia2014 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:57 pm

I am shaking, I am so angry. The Occ Health report came through and it's a pile of sh*te, he didn't even listen to me properly!

Before I started talking about depression (years ago) I specifically said not to put that into the report. I trusted that man and he has betrayed me. He put it all in but not only that, he incorrectly wrote that MY MOTHER WAS DEAD!

There are no words :( I am so upset. How dare he get something that big wrong. And not only that but put it in when I asked him not to!!!!!!!!!!!

He also said that Fibro is (wait for it) a sore neck?!?!?!?!

Oh and he also said my symptoms are "real to me" and I "might be a hypochondriac".

The absolute f*cker. I trusted him. I thought he would be more careful, and accurate, and he goes and does this!

Fuming right now. Sorry but I needed to vent. I've already cried down the phone to the manager and sent her an email so hopefully they can remove all the crap and leave an actual report. Even though there are still things wrong, he's put in quotes that I said I am "a couch potato" which I didn't say, and that I damaged my knees after a fall, which I again did not say cos it's not true! Plus a whole host of other sh*t like he told me to do this and that when he didn't!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.
Zia2014
UKFM Regular

Re: So upset and bloody angry right now!!

Postby dazzleship » Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:23 pm

ohh Zia, I'm so sorry :hugs:

how dare he say things like that, and write such nonsense? Fibro is a sore neck, huh? yes, as well as a sore back, sore shoulders, sore arms, sore legs.. sore everything. what an idiot he is. and about your mother - shocking, really shocking.

was this person chosen by your employer? is there someone at your work you can complain to about him?

I don't know much about the legal side of things (I'm sure there are people on here more knowledgeabout about that though) but surely he can't get away with putting such things on your report.

can you get support from your GP? about your diagnosis? to go against what this idiot said?

again I'm really sorry for you going through this - sending virtual hugs to you. try to stay calm (I know, not easy) cos you don't want to work yourself up into a flare.
dazzleship
dazzleship
UKFM Member

Postby Zia2014 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:08 pm

Thanks dazzle. I am going to make a complaint (after I'm sure it's been amended correctly) because reading that my mother is dead really really upset me.

I will tell my manager that he made a lot of mistakes because I don't want her just accepting some of the things he said. He got quite a lot factually wrong as well.

He actually said Fibro didn't exist, so he has changed his mind about that.

I'm worried work will now think I am a hypochondriac when I'm nothing of the sort. Surely if I was I would have gone in with an idea of what mysterious condition I do have?! I guess at least he put that he thinks it's CFS (minor plus).

Not totally sure on the legals but I'd guess he can write whatever he likes really. It is his opinion they are asking for.

My GPs aren't diagnosing me with anything either yet so that would be far down the line. Work will get my report next week.

I am trying really hard to remain calm and not get upset but it's just ruined what should have been a nice relaxing day for me.
Zia2014
UKFM Regular

Postby denys » Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:38 pm

Did he actually get the right person to write about :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: some reports are shockers but this seems to have pushed the boundaries to new limits. So sorry you are having to cope with all of this and :fingerscrossed: they can correct this fairy tale for you
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Zia2014 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:57 pm

Oh yes it's about me. And considering he didn't talk to me about the hypochondriac stuff (and they should discuss everything they are going to include before consent to share can be given by the employee) I am seriously considering retracting my consent unless they sort this mess out.
Zia2014
UKFM Regular

Postby Zia2014 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:25 pm

So...apparently they are sending it tomorrow and have only amended it slightly.

So upset.
Zia2014
UKFM Regular

Postby Zia2014 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:28 pm

I seem to be talking to myself lol, but typing it somewhere helps. I said I would consider complaining to GMC and by heck that worked! the doctor himself called me, I explained why I was upset, that certain things I had asked not be included in the report, and also some things were not discussed which he had put in (like me being a hypochondriac)! He apologised, has said he will amend it and re-send to me, and seemed rather concerned that I had spoken to the GMC ;-)

In fact I might call the lovely lady back, she was very helpful.
Zia2014
UKFM Regular

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:28 pm

You're not talking to yourself, you're never alone when you have :bear-dancing: :teddy-bear: :penguin: guinea_pi_1 :chicken-dance: :cow-wave: and a bit of fairy_dust fairy_dust

It's quite eye~opening what the mention of reporting to a regulatory body can bring about :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: It's so unnecessary that such action has to be reverted to for something fair and decent sorted out :-? :-? :-?

Had someone asked him what you had discussed during your meeting, he would have probably invoked doctor~patient privilege, pity he didn't think about it when he wrote the first version of his report for your employer :swear1: :swear1: :swear1: :swear1:

Hopefully the revised edition will bring some calmness along with it for you :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Zia2014 » Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:54 pm

Hi Fluppy :-)

I know he was nervous about GMC cos he asked if I'd told them his name! And yes, it's a shame I had to resort to that but I was getting nowhere without it.

Anyway, he has revised it, I am relieved, and hopefully I'll never have to see him again!
Zia2014
UKFM Regular

Postby denys » Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:04 pm

Maybe he has had complaints made against him before and panicked, so glad it worked though. How many people had seen the original??? :fingerscrossed: he never crosses your path again. Well done for standing up for yourself :-D :-D :-D
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Zia2014 » Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:13 pm

He said he had "won" against them before. I didn't point out that is less important than the patient involved. ..

I emailed to say I withdraw my consent so it never got showed to anyone. Phew!
Zia2014
UKFM Regular

Postby denys » Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:16 pm

So he has been up against them before, maybe his license is at stake if anyone else complains :shock: :shock: :shock: So glad you got it stopped as being called a hypochondriac will stop anyone taking you seriously :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Zia2014 » Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:24 pm

Yeah he did sound worried. Good! I said that same thing about the H comment, people remember that sort of stuff!
Zia2014
UKFM Regular

Return to Doctors & Health Services