How do I face my doctor to diagnose FM?

Anything to do with the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

How do I face my doctor to diagnose FM?

Postby stella1 » Sat Aug 09, 2014 11:15 am

Hi, i have bipolar/borderline personality disorder but also had ME 15 years ago which lasted for 3 years. Right now i have heaps of the FM symptoms, but after a lot of research i went to my doctor to ask if i had MS. She said no, but i've still got all the awful symptoms. I am really not looking forward to going back again, as i expect she thinks i'm a complete hypochondriac. My daughter has had FM for 3 years.
Does anyone have any tips on how to approach my doctor? Thanks in advance.
stella1
UKFM Newbie

Re: How do I face my doctor to diagnose FM?

Postby *Lisa* » Sat Aug 09, 2014 11:49 am

I would mention that you think you fit many symptoms of fibro and could they investigate as you have a daughter who has fibro also.

There has not been enough research to conclude its hereditry but my daughter also has FM this was looked into as i had been diagnosed many years before this gave her the appointment to see a Rhumatologist.

She was diagnosed with FM & CFS

MS has many simular symptoms as FM and its very easy to get them mixed up although MS can be diagnosed by an MRI of the brain.
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby stella1 » Sat Aug 09, 2014 12:04 pm

Thanks for the advice I will try that with the doc. Why do they scare us so much,it's really annoying.
stella1
UKFM Newbie

Postby denys » Sat Aug 09, 2014 3:07 pm

Because we were conditioned to respect anyone in authority Police, Doctors, Teachers etc. so it feels like facing the headmaster in his office again sometimes, I dont know how old you are I'm 54 so it happens to me sometimes, maybe its the same for you :lol: :lol: :lol:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby stella1 » Sat Aug 09, 2014 3:14 pm

i'm 49 and my dad was a doctor but it hasn't helped!!!
stella1
UKFM Newbie

Postby denys » Sat Aug 09, 2014 3:16 pm

Oh dear :lol: :lol: :lol:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Doctors & Health Services