Appointment booked

Anything to do with the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Appointment booked

Postby rich44 » Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:22 pm

Finally after years of moaning a Dr has referred me to rheumatology and I got a call today it's at the local little hospital not the one in the city 30 miles away and I've only got to wait till 10th Oct.

Now if the neurology and gastroenterology appointments would come through too I'd have the hat trick

Hope it pays off, if nothing else it'll then be an official diagnosis instead of "suspected" and maybe he can kick the gp up the bum and organise so kind of pain relief (maybe I'm getting a bit carried away there lol)
rich44
UKFM Member

Re: Appointment booked

Postby Theresa34 » Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:26 pm

I have found my rheumy very helpful with handling my condition. I got referred to him asap when I had swelling in my toes which turned out to be arthritis. Then the fibro diagnosis came this year in Feb. As you saw in my earlier post is is helping my with pain management and sleep with meds and making sure I get the right blood tests done. Hope you get a good one too x
I am a fibro fighter not a fibro sufferer. I will keep fighting from the minute I get up til the minute I go to bed.
Theresa34
UKFM Member

Postby rich44 » Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:35 pm

Yup fingers crossed, knowing my luck tho..... lol
rich44
UKFM Member

Postby Theresa34 » Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:38 pm

Rich my luck is few and far between! But I def got lucky wi this rheumy. Will hopefully move house next year so really anxious about getting a new one! :shock:
I am a fibro fighter not a fibro sufferer. I will keep fighting from the minute I get up til the minute I go to bed.
Theresa34
UKFM Member

Postby rich44 » Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:58 pm

Are you moving far?

It's great to hear from people who have gotten lucky with their Dr's gives me a bit of hope at least.

I'd quite happily just settle for some half decent painkillers even if I get nothing else just something to take the edge off.

Otherwise I'll be off to visit my 19 year old emo sister to acquire some errr non medicinal herbal remedy shall we say ;-)
rich44
UKFM Member

Postby Theresa34 » Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:02 pm

We will be moving to another county about a half hour away. To be fair, I don't think I would have been diagnosed with fibro if I hadn't gotten the arthritis first and already been under a rheumatologist. Weird to think I'm glad I've got arthritis! Lol
Theresa34
UKFM Member

Return to Doctors & Health Services