[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Unhelpful GP's

Unhelpful GP's

Anything to do with the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Unhelpful GP's

Postby Flippy22 » Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:25 am

I am having a hard time getting help from GP's. All of them at my surgery play down my symptoms. They are so dismissive and have

given me amitrip on the request of the rhumy, but won't send me to a pain clinic or give me any other help. I am in so much pain and

having real issues with mobility.

It just seems to worsen by the day. I am now having issues while eating, with pain in my fingers and wrists getting worse when I am

cutting up my food. I do have MH problems, so am fully aware that GP's are usuually dismissive if you have MH issues which really isn't

fair at all.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can tackle this issuues?
Flippy22
UKFM Member

Re: Unhelpful GP's

Postby Lindilou » Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:17 pm

I've no idea what you can do Flippy, most gp's seem to be the same. I am saving up for a session of acupuncture have you tried the holistic route?
Lindilou

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:20 pm

What about writing to the Practice Manager about your concerns/lack of help and treatment, or arranging an appt to go and talk to them???

If you've tried the various GPs at your surgery, then the next step might have to be changing to a different one. To give yourself hopefully a better chance of finding a helpful GP, you could contact the surgeries in your area and ask if they have patients with FM, CFS etc registered, and if they do, see if there is a particular GP that tends to deal with such conditions.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Flippy22 » Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:50 pm

Thank you both. I'm not very clued up about alternative treatments. What is annoying is that the GP that refered me in the first place has

retired. He was fab and very understanding.

The last time I spoke to one of the others I asked for something for the pain and he said and I quote '' I have a patiant with SEVERE FMS and

she has foudn the dose of amitrip that you are on has really helped her'' I was almost in tears, A, because in his opion hers is worse than

mine (how can he know that?) and B, because I am still left to suffer. I think I will ring round other surgeries. The only reservation I have is

on the NHS review thingy, my currant surgery has the best reviews and the other local ones have very poor reviews.
Flippy22
UKFM Member

Postby magicknuts » Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:06 pm

magicknuts
UKFM Newbie

Return to Doctors & Health Services