Doctors appointment

Anything to do with the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Doctors appointment

Postby Flippy22 » Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:18 am

Advice needed please.

I only take amitrip to help with sleep and have nothing for the pain. I have a doctors appointment later and wonder if anyone can suggest or even just tell me what they are on to help with the pain so I can take in a list of possible meds that she might be happy to try me on. Thus far, she has refused me any pain relief, but I am going to beg today because I can't take the pain any longer.
Flippy22
UKFM Member

Re: Doctors appointment

Postby Helhit » Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:41 am

I'm on gabapentin and recently reduced it back from 2700mg to 900mg only for all the pain and tiredness to come back with a vengeance. My Dr had warned me this might happen, but I felt so much better that I thought I must be alright now!!! :roll:

It's def working for me, but there's lots of other things to try too. Good luck with finding the right one for you.
Fibro is like the wind. You can't see it and when it flares up it knocks you off your feet!
Helhit
UKFM Member

Postby Zia2014 » Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:10 am

The Amit did take the edge off for me, Nortriptyline isn't doing the same. I only realised Amit was helping when I came off it tbh!

I'm waiting for my gp to prescribe me something else as I'm having terrible side effects and am still unable to sleep.
Zia2014
UKFM Regular

Postby MPSGuy » Sat Sep 13, 2014 2:23 pm

I take co-codamol (30/500 strength) for pain, it works for me but of course everyone is different.

They do like to use everything BUT painkillers to treat fibro though. Antidepressants like Duloxetine and anticonvulsants like Gabapentin and Pregabalin (lyrica) are also popular.
MPSGuy
UKFM Member

Postby Theresa34 » Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:50 am

MPSGuy wrote:I take co-codamol (30/500 strength) for pain, it works for me but of course everyone is different.

They do like to use everything BUT painkillers to treat fibro though. Antidepressants like Duloxetine and anticonvulsants like Gabapentin and Pregabalin (lyrica) are also popular.

I'm the same. I don't take painkillers very often for the fibro. I was told the Amitriptyline and gabapentin are good for the pain and they do seem to be helping me. I still have pain but its not the intensity that it used to be. Its bearable most of the time really.
I am a fibro fighter not a fibro sufferer. I will keep fighting from the minute I get up til the minute I go to bed.
Theresa34
UKFM Member

Return to Doctors & Health Services