Heart problems

Anything to do with the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Heart problems

Postby bestbtechnician » Sun Aug 31, 2008 1:34 pm

Hi everyone sorry I have not been in touch for some time lots of issues. But I am pleased to be back in touch. Has anyone out there been diagnosed with a heart problem. I have been getting some chest pain and I am waiting for an angiogram I have read that fibro can mimmick heart pain. Interesting topic. Also does anyone know if Dr Michael Tai is still at the Royal free hampsted. Sorry tosay that after twelve years I am still no nearer to the answers. and I think I have virtually been everywhere
bestbtechnician
UKFM Newbie

heart problems

Postby anne1206 » Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:33 pm

I have been in hospital twice this year through heart pain, was eventually put down to Cardiac Stress caused by the fibro, but yes the pain I had was very similar to heart attack pain. was told that as heart is a muscle and that is what fibro affects this is why it happens.
on a more humourous note when I was in the first time doc didnt listen that I have fibro and RSD he only saw me in the hospital bed and told nurses to take me for treadmill test the next day :cry: the people who do the treadmill were really angry at their time and mine being wasted as I can only walk very short distances with the aid of a stick, and walk with a distinct limp and stooped, can see the funny side now as the faces were a picture when I went in :lol:
So sorry you are suffering and hope you get treated with sympathy and respect at the hospital. Take Care Anne
durate et vosmet rebus servate secundis///>Carry on and preserve yourselves for better times
anne1206
UKFM Member

Postby bestbtechnician » Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:58 pm

Hi Anne many thanks for your quick response to my e.mail. Yes what a frustating life we lead. I don't know about you but I feel everytime I visit a hospital I come away feeling more depressed than before I went. Typical response is you have fibro so go away and don't bother us. Yes I to was put on the tredmill and boy did I suffer for two days as a result.I'ts great that we can be in touch with each other, I think we find out more from sufferers than from doctors, Tomorrow I am having lunch with some fellow sufferes from my area. Keep in touch many thanks Pauline
bestbtechnician
UKFM Newbie

Return to Doctors & Health Services