Neurologist Appointment Today

Anything to do with the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Neurologist Appointment Today

Postby robbiecramp » Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:42 pm

Well went to a Neurologist appointment today and she was really nice but it was at a training hospital at the Sheffield Hallamshire and not entirely sure if she had just qualified or was on placement she was very young but anyway she did some tests spoke to me in detail which them I totally lost to what she was saying so had spent a week writing a report on things that happen to me which she was pleased about as she had noticed me looking very confused. This did upset me as before having this fibromyalgia I would have understood it without a big problem. Anyway after the examination she tells me she does not think it is MS most probably as diagnosed by my GP she confirmed severe fibromyalgia but said she would do a MRI scan to finalise it for me. She expressed how good my GP was by listening to what I told her about him and with the referral letter he had sent extremely detailed so now she thinks I will get a MRI scan within a month so wait and hope it is nothing else then fibromyalgia.
robbiecramp
UKFM Member

Re: Neurologist Appointment Today

Postby Graciebaby » Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:22 am

It sounds as if you have a couple of good medical professionals on your side, which is brilliant.
Best of luck with the MRI. Have you had one before? If you are at all concerned about it, you can ask your GP to prescribe a couple of Diazepam, they worked for me and kept me calm whilst being in the scanner. I was afraid I would make an idiot of myself and get into a panic during the scan! :-)

G. x
Graciebaby
UKFM Member

Re: Neurologist Appointment Today

Postby denys » Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:44 pm

Good to hear she listened to you properly :-D :-D :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Doctors & Health Services