Worse than useless

Anything to do with the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Worse than useless

Postby mrsk » Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:09 pm

I attended my first hospital consultation. She barely examined me..............dismissed fibromyalgia twice within fifteen minutes of meeting me. Her opinion of what's wrong with me.......are you ready for this? Make sure you're sitting down.................."All of your symptoms can be put down to having tight hamstrings". I thought I must have fallen asleep and woken up at some sort of comedy show. I have been sent for physiotherapy (which is going to make it worse, if anything) and I'm dreading going back to se her again. Doctors like her do nothing to help people with illnesses like this. All I want is a diagnosis, so that I can get the help I need from PIP and DSA for my uni course. It doesn't look good does it....................... :!:
mrsk
UKFM Newbie

Re: Worse than useless

Postby Zia2014 » Sat Nov 01, 2014 7:44 pm

My Occ Health doctor dismissed fibro as a sore neck! Mental. Who did you see, was it a rheumatologist?

Physio might help, some people on here have it but I haven't yet.
Zia2014
UKFM Regular

Postby dazzleship » Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:33 pm

hi mrsk

sorry to hear you ended up with a useless consultant. :hugs:

tight hamstrings? :shock: is she on something? how the heck does that explain fibro symptoms.

this sort of idiocy from the medical "professionals" (I use the term very loosely) really gets my goat. it's bad enough what we have to put up with, but to have that sort of comment just makes things so much worse.

what does your GP have to say about your fibro? can you go back to them and ask for another referral to a different consultant?

and zia - sounds like the only pain in the neck is your occ health doctor. :roll:
dazzleship
dazzleship
UKFM Member

Postby Zia2014 » Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:55 pm

dazzleship wrote:and zia - sounds like the only pain in the neck is your occ health doctor. :roll:

:lol: Love it! Luckily I have left that job and had great pleasure in emailing him (cos he wanted an update) to tell him my diagnosis. Have I heard back? Course not!

Sorry for the hijack there mrsk.
Zia2014
UKFM Regular

Return to Doctors & Health Services