HELP.....P.I.P home visit......

Anything to do with the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

HELP.....P.I.P home visit......

Postby topcatt72 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:03 pm

Hi all.....
I am having a medical assessment for P.I.P at home 2moro...... Could anyone please help me???....as I'm not sure wot they will do or ask and wot I should do, how to act, do I need supporting paperwork and any other stuff I need/need to do???..... Thanx in advance........ :-) :-) :-) ....xxx
topcatt72
UKFM Member

Re: HELP.....P.I.P home visit......

Postby *Lisa* » Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:04 pm

I would have a search for home assessments in the search bar above for additional information.

I would have all my paperwork to hand which would include any test results/x/rays/consultant letters/confirmation of diagnoses/Occupational Therapist report. Any treatments and therapies and medications your doing/on. Any other home remedies/OTC meds and things like tens machine, wheat bags, ice packs to show them.

Then theres any aids and adaptions they need to be aware of.

I would personaly have a list to hand as the fog always looms over after a while of what care and mobility needs you have just in case you miss out on anything.

Have someone with you so they can support you and also back up what you say. They can also be a witness if the report comes back with any errors in it.

:goodluck2:
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby topcatt72 » Thu Nov 06, 2014 4:31 pm

Hi again.....
Well........ Iv had my home medical assessment for P.I.P and I think it went well....
I answered all of (the blokes) questions as honestly and as informative as i possibly could......
Then he did a little physical examination like...asking me to hold arms/legs out as straight as i could manage and bend/rotate my hands/feet (if possible), I also had to move my head/neck about too.....then I had to push/pull against his hand (the best I could) then he said that it was fine and he wouldn't put me through anymore movements (as by the look on my face he could see i was in pain)..... He told me that with all the info I should definitely get P.I.P maybe only 1 part of it but definitely getting it......so I've now just got to wait now for a few weeks to find out (if) wot I will receive..... :-) :-) :-).... Xxx
topcatt72
UKFM Member

Postby topcatt72 » Tue Dec 02, 2014 1:12 pm

Hi all.....
Well iv finally had my letter back off of pip and I have been awarded the standard rate of daily living and the enhanced rate of mobility......
So thank you to all who gave me advice on different topic groups it really helped a lot..... :-) :-) :-)
topcatt72
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:59 pm

Fab news for you topcat :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: Enjoy the differences that it will make to you :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby murphylicious » Mon Dec 29, 2014 11:15 am

Great to hear good news about getting PIP which sometimes is a rarity to hear. I've had my home visit 2 weeks before xmas and had all supporting reports from my consultant so fingers crossed. Does anyone know how long it takes for the decisions to be made and what sort of financial rates we get if successful. Many thanks.
steveo.
in the mean time may I wish everyone a happy new year and hopefully a pain free one x
murphylicious
UKFM Newbie

Return to Doctors & Health Services