Advice please

Anything to do with the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Advice please

Postby robbiecramp » Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:40 pm

Hiya guys I was diagnosed with fibro last January and was referred to physio for a while but the physio who assessed me explained about fibro basically from the NHS page and also commented on what else is related to pain, arthritis being one of them but dismissed this even though my knees and around the bone area is red it not really swollen so dismissed it. My hands have the same problem and am often in pain in both muscles and bones but because there is no swelling it is dismissed. Has anyone else experienced this as my dad has osto arthritis in knees and he even says his did not swell and if they did not to much it was just pain like when he stood up out of a chair or getting out of a car but I have a brilliant GP but sure he agrees that they have to be swollen to be connected to arthritis
robbiecramp
UKFM Member

Re: Advice please

Postby *Lisa* » Sat Nov 15, 2014 1:06 am

Have you had any blood tests recently to check for inflammation? If its arthritis this should show up on the ESR levels and maybe raise the CRP also.

I have osteoarthitis in my knees and they dont swell just so painfull and they crack and snap and grinde :shock: this showed up on an x/ray
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Re: Advice please

Postby Theresa34 » Sat Nov 15, 2014 8:18 pm

I have psoriatic arthritis. I had red, hot swelling in my toes and then the do.lowing month once they were back to normal, my right knee swelled up. I don't know if its osteoperosis, it only happened the once but since then, every now and then I get bad pain in my right knee without swelling or redness. It just hurts a lot. It hurts more when putting weight on it. My rheumy has moved my leg about whilst lying down and its fine.
I am a fibro fighter not a fibro sufferer. I will keep fighting from the minute I get up til the minute I go to bed.
Theresa34
UKFM Member

Return to Doctors & Health Services