Doctor/Specialist advice.

Anything to do with the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Doctor/Specialist advice.

Postby SuperCat007 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:33 am

Hello, it's been a long time since I posted on this site but I would really appreciate some advice.

Long story short, I was diagnosed with fibro in about 2010 by a rheumatologist after being diagnosed with CFS in 2007. The symptoms have been more or less on a level, nothing new showing up other than the 'normal' occasional fibro flares etc.

Last year I had my wisdom teeth removed and I got a million times better, I have fewer infections, the pain is better and I am hardly fatigued at all. BUT my feet started tingling at night... (I also saw a chiropractor at this time, so it could be to do with what he did, but surely after 18 months that would be wearing off?!)

Every night since last April (2013) from around 3-4 pm all the way through until I get up in the morning my feet feel like they're on fire and I have pins and needles in my heels to the arch of my foot. The only way I've found to relieve it is to sleep with my feet on an ice pack. Obviously this means getting up a couple of times a night to change the ice pack as it gets too warm. I have been prescribed a drug traditionally used for Parkinson's (one doctor thought I had restless leg syndrome), but it didn't help.

I have always suffered joint pain and swelling, starting in my wrists, then knees, then ankles and feet, well before I suffered any CFS/fibro symptoms. But I've always been negative for RH factor, as far as I know I've never had CRP tested and my ESR in a test in March was low-ish at 5 mm/hour, but not out of range. But I also get things like anxiety, IBS symptoms, my hair falls out like crazy, neck pain and swelling and having RA and hypothyroidism in the family I had gone the way of the thyroid. My TSH and T4 came back within range, but my GP yesterday begrudgingly agreed to refer me to an endocrinologist. However, I have just read an interesting solution for the burning feet on the Arthritis Research UK site and now I'm having second thoughts about whether I ought to have been referred to a rheumatologist again and start the investigations there as that's where all my previous diagnoses have led.

A bit of an essay, sorry. But any advice or opinions would be welcomed because I'm very,very fed up with not sleeping because of my feet!!
UKFM Member
Posts: 77
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:09 pm

Re: Doctor/Specialist advice.

Postby denys » Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:57 pm

Hi Cat, it might be worth while asking for a re-referral to a rhuematologist as well as the endocrinologist as it may save time in the long run and then you may get an answer, its a nightmare when you cant sleep and it wont be doing any other problems any good either :goodluck1:

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
User avatar
UKFM Veteran
Posts: 11901
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:05 pm

Return to Doctors & Health Services

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests