Dismissal meeting and PIP meeting

Anything to do with the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Dismissal meeting and PIP meeting

Postby scottydog » Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:32 pm

Hi all

I had the dismissal meeting at work and I feel it went OK just waiting to see if/what my discretionary payment is. Should know by the end of this week.

After getting over that I have my PIP assessment tomorrow and anxious as to how it will go. Hubby is coming with me, as he looks after me, and I have as much evidence as I can. I took the assessment online and according to that I should get something but we'll just have to wait and see. Fingers crossed just hope I don't forget anything hopefully the notes I made will prompt me if I have a funny five minutes.

Once tomorrow is over I hope to be able to rest and recoup before Xmas. Online shopping has been a godsend I haven't bought one present on the high street! Hubby took me to the local shop Monday and I was jostled around. I had my arm in a sling so when I moved out of their way my stick gave way and caused all sorts of problems. I won't go out unless I have to now. Why are people so inconsiderate and I hate the fact that people on mobile phones bump into you and it's YOUR FAULT! Sorry bit of a rant there.

Just hope I can get some sleep tonight.

I doubt if I will know the outcome of both meetings until next year. Will post again when I know the outcomes.

Thanks for listening!
scottydog
UKFM Member

Re: Dismissal meeting and PIP meeting

Postby whoami » Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:39 am

It is nice to hear that your meeting went well and you feel good about it.

For tomorrow's meeting I am sure you will be fine. From your post I get the impression you are a calm, realistic person.

As you say after tomorrow you should be able to relax. You do that and plan to enjoy the Christmas holidays. Things will be out of your control, relax and forget about decisions until you hear the results.

Sleep well tonight!
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby dazzleship » Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:28 am

good luck with your meeting I hope it goes well for you.

as for people bumping into you- yes that annoys me too. we're the ones with crutches/sticks/wheelchair/whatever yet people expect us to just jump out of the way when they're walking towards us :twisted: I think it's a lack of manners and people being so caught up in their own lives that they don't think of anyone else :twisted:

rant over :mrgreen:
dazzleship
dazzleship
UKFM Member

Postby scottydog » Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:03 pm

Hi all and thanks for your replies.

I had the meeting and thought it went well until I thought about it later.

I do feel that the ATOS rep did try and catch me with her questions. I told her that this meeting and others make me nervous but my hubby said I jabbered on which I know you shouldn't do. Also she took me to her office the long way around and of course I ploughed on regardless of the pain and made it there without resting. So that will go against me. I was open and honest but have low expectations of getting any PIP. I know I over think things and hubby said not to worry but I just can't help going over what happened in my head. I do hate the fact that we have to prove how poorly we are. If they saw me at home they would know just how much pain I am in all the time.

Oh well I will have to see what happens in 4 to 8 weeks time as that is how long I have to wait for the decision to be made. Whoami I am trying to take your advice on board. As you say the decision is out of my hands now!

Hope everyone is having as good a day as possible.

Gentle hugs to you all x
scottydog
UKFM Member

Postby scottydog » Sat Dec 20, 2014 12:52 pm

Morning all

Some good news for a change. Ever since I had the PIP meeting I was stressing about it and going over what was said. But today I received a letter to say I have been granted both elements. I am so pleased.. It means I can buy a healthier food shop and buy more fruit and vegetables. Also I can afford to run the freezer again. It will help me to be as healthy as I can be. All I need is to be accepted by the persistent pain team and I will be able to start to tackle this dreadful condition. I thought that being open and honest would go against me. For once it didn't.

Despite the good news I am not having a good day. I seem to be having problems with the left side of my body this week especially pain in the wrist and swelling in both hands, fingers, feet and toes??!

I tried the capsicum gel and discovered that I am alergic to it and am now trying Arnica cooling gel. The cooling effect is very comforting but not sure if it helps the pain plus it is pricey for a very small tube. Does anyone know if I can buy Arnica gel in a larger tube for a good price? My 30g tube was £5!!

Thanks for taking the time to read all of my posts. I am hoping my stress levels will decrease now I know what is happening.

Gentle hugs to you all x
scottydog
UKFM Member

Postby MissGems73 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:20 am

hi i know this is an oldish post but just in case you haven't found the Arnica gel anywhere bigger try holland and barret they seem to do most things and they often have a penny sale and you can order online from them :)
MissGems73
UKFM Member

Postby scottydog » Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:08 pm

Hi Miss Gem

Thanks for your response.

When i looked in H&B last they didn't have a larger cooling gel just the ordinary cream. Since this post i have discovered Rhus Tox cream (made from poison ivy) which helps my knees. Expensive again on the high street but cheaper online. Good old Amazon.

I am never sure if it is the massage element that works or the product itself! But like most of us on here I will give anything a go!

X
scottydog
UKFM Member

Return to Doctors & Health Services