At a dead end ally nero visit 3

Anything to do with the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: At a dead end ally nero visit 3

Postby denys » Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:59 pm

Hi and :welcome: back, sorry to hear you are still fighting to find out what's wrong, as you know we cant say whether or not you have fibro but we can say whether or not we have suffered with symptoms similar to those you are listing.

I have suffered with tremors which were very noticeable for about 18 months, these have subsided but I suffer with what I can internal tremors now and they only become noticeable when I go to pick something up, or when I stand etc.

I have numbness in my toes which nobody seems to know why as my pulses are fine so it isnt connected to my diabetes :?: :?: :?:

If I were you to put your mind at rest you need your doc to show that none of your symptoms are related to your heart and to visit a different Neurologist at least then you may be able to relax a little as all the stress/worry you are under now will be adding to your symptoms and until you trust the people you are dealing with it will be very difficult to shake it off

Good luck and I hope you get some satisfactory answers very soon and are able to relax a little
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Queenie_70 » Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:05 am

I am not sure what is going on with all of your symptoms, but I may be able to shed light on the issues with the face etc. i have TMJ, but I am also a grinder. At night my partner wears ear plugs as my teeth grinding, which caused the TMJ, is so loud. I have broken teeth in my sleep, so that gives you an idea. Point is, this has led to some issues with my jaw, cheek and facial muscles, to include numbness around the eye sockets, temple and brow area. Have you been seen for teeth grinding? Or any other dental issues? It is surprising how much the mouth can affect the rest of your health, but you face especially.

My brother was ill with undetermined symptoms for over a year. He finally had a tooth extracted, and within a week, was back to his old self. is tooth, though not painful, was leaching infection into his body that whole time and was basically poisoning him.

I know it may not, or will not solve all your issues, but is another avenue to look down to possibly help resolve some. A mouth guard can be cast and worn at night to help with the teeth and jaw so that the muscles can relax, which in turn may sort out the numbness etc.

Good Luck..
"Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."
Queenie_70
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:22 pm

I have heard of teeth causing a lot of problems Queenie, bad teeth can also affect the heart which seems quite bizarre but apparently there is a known link, so brilliant suggestion to get a dentist on board too :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby *Lisa* » Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:37 pm

I have had chronic TMJ for 15years now and reading your symptoms they are very simular to mine.

My eyebrows are one of my painfull areas in my face. I get the twitches, in fact iv had one on my check bone for over a week now. Also the tingling. I have also had tingling and a painfull tongue. Headaches, jaw lock, eye spasms especially from light changes or bright lights. Blocked ears, painfull sensitive scalp. stiff neck etc etc...

My muscles are always active especially in my legs like the twitches and tingling. I get very dizzy which i have put down to the stiff neck.

The best thing to do is visit your dentist they can diagnose TMJ and make you a mouth guard to wear at night to help relive some of the symptoms. They can also refer you to a maxiolfacial consultant who can look into the TMJ further and prescribe medication like anti-inflammitories and pain killers and in severe cases like mine muscle relaxents. They will also show you stretching exercises.

Sometimes when my jaw flares up badly and it locks i need it malnipulating by the dentist and some muscle relaxants. I also wear a mouth guard and have physio
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Return to Doctors & Health Services