Talking to Doctor regarding pain

Anything to do with the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Talking to Doctor regarding pain

Postby Queenie_70 » Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:44 pm

Hi y'all

I am going to try and get a same day appointment tomorrow morning...my point is, I have been told to stop, desist, immediately my Tramadol as it is believed to be causing my spasms/convulsions....what is better? If anything, to ask for. The tramadol was hardly touching the pain anyway, so I am not sad to stop taking it, but I was bedridden Thursday, Friday evening I was bloated and in agony, and still no relief, fast forward to today and I have no doses left and the pain in typing this is horrendous....
"Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."
Queenie_70
UKFM Member

Re: Talking to Doctor regarding pain

Postby Theresa34 » Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:04 pm

The gabapentin is helping me along with the Amitriptyline. You could try that? I take it 3 x a day x
I am a fibro fighter not a fibro sufferer. I will keep fighting from the minute I get up til the minute I go to bed.
Theresa34
UKFM Member

Postby Queenie_70 » Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:14 pm

Hi Theresa,

My GP called me on triage and was willing to try me on gab. I will have to slowly add it to my drug mix, but she is not having me come off the tramadol until I am at therapeutic levels...thank goodness....I was nervous that I would be weaned off and then weaned on which would allow for some serious pain to happen in the mean time. She also wants me to call back on Monday to see how I am holding up. A good call all in all. :teddy-bear:
"Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."
Queenie_70
UKFM Member

Postby debs67 » Tue Dec 23, 2014 2:27 pm

Duluxitine seems to be working for me at the moment since its been upped along with tramadol and naproxine. Still have pain thou and have tried the others tablets as everyone has said about, everyone is different with medication
debs67
UKFM Member

Postby Queenie_70 » Wed Dec 24, 2014 10:27 am

Hi debs...

I am on Duloxitine (sp) for depression/bi-polar disorder, but my pain has never been controlled or even ebbed by my dose...120mg. I am on the tramadol and gabapentine for a while until I am at therapeutic levels and then I wean off the tramadol. Nervous, but hopeful. I know that this has worked for some, and not for others, but since I am allergic to all codeine based drugs I have few options.
Queenie_70
UKFM Member

Return to Doctors & Health Services