help required urgently

Anything to do with the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

help required urgently

Postby mark » Mon Dec 12, 2005 9:12 pm

I have fibromyaglia have been housebound for 3weeks now iam on morphine for the pain antidepressants anti inflamitry drugs and nothing is helping me i feel like taking my own life have had enough when i go and see my gp or consultant they say there is nothing they can do i need to see a consultant willing to pay i live in manchester please help me i carnt take anymore
mark

Postby Pammie » Mon Dec 12, 2005 9:52 pm

oh Mark.........we all understand how that feels! Personally speaking I know how much the pain gets you down.
Do you have support from friends or family?
Have you asked to be referred to a pain clinic? - I know how difficult it must be for you to get about, but surely there is someone, like a therapist that can make life a bit more bearable for you?
Although that's a bit silly of me to ask you that, 'cos if you knew that, you wouldn't be asking on here!!!!
There are so many people on here, who will talk to you on messenger about your fears and concerns.
Please don't let it get the better of you - talk to someone now! If you need to talk to someone tonight, please let me have your email...
take care,
love Pammie xx
Pammie
UKFM Member

Postby dee » Tue Dec 13, 2005 10:44 am

hi mark,

we all on here know what your going through please talk to one of us on here we are all in the same boat it will help you to just talk about it, i am also in manchester if you want to chat just email me or go on msn.

take care

dee x
dee
UKFM Member

mark

Postby debs_k9 » Wed Dec 14, 2005 2:45 pm

hi there i know this helped me i found a forum that has live chat room. i always go in there sad and end up laughing. try fibro talk it has the same lay out as this, but US based.
debs_k9

Don't give up

Postby keely » Sat Mar 25, 2006 10:21 am

Hi mark

I'm so sorry you're feeling this way at the moment. Please don't give up my love.

I was bedbound / housebound for a while and I had similar feelings.

I'm now in the recovery process, and feel pretty great. Please message me if you need any tips and advice, but here are the main things that helped me....
hot baths with a few drops of lavender oil
hot water bottles
physio and hydrotherapy
massage and accupuncture
spiritual healing..couldn't live without this one!!
not doing too much, but not resting too much either!!
a few drops of lavender oil on / under your pillow at night
a hot bath with 5 drops each of lavender, cedarwood and ylang ylang
keeping a diary, to let out feelings, but also to monitor your fibro symptoms
talk to people, on here, friends, family, the samaritans...anyone!! just don't bottle it up...you're not alone
and badger your gp, take in information to back up your requests for things.. show him you're informed on current research and evidence based practice.

Also, I don't see the point in anti-inflamatory drugs, they just aren't helpful in fibro. Amatryptaline worked well for me.. helps with sleeep.

Good luck and warm wishes
love
Keely x
I trust and believe that my angels are with me endlessly, guiding me with their love and light....I just wish they'd throw a bit of good luck my way sometimes!
keely
UKFM Member

dont suffer alone

Postby sally » Sat Apr 15, 2006 6:15 pm

:P mark, so sorry you feel this way, its an awful feeling to have, we have all suffered like you, but that does not help you.
we are on here to help each other. pain really drives you into the ground
please have you got anybody to talk to about how you are felling.
you have prob got depression that doesnt mean you are weak.
please take care we all love you. love sally
many thanks for your comments, Sally.
sally
UKFM Member

Re: help required urgently

Postby smiler22 » Sat May 16, 2009 7:11 pm

im flagging this up again. has anyone heard from mark to see if he is ok...... i only wish sites on the internet like theses could somehow have people in charge who can access the details of people like mark to make sure they are helped. even if his details could be given to a locl group near where he lives to make sure he is ok.

i may be wrong and maybe hopefully someone has been able to help him and kept in touch with him.

if you read this mark then please let someone on here know you are ok. we are all understanding on here and i personally have found it very helpful with this site.

take care. xx
live life to the full as life is what you make itxx
smiler22
UKFM Regular

Postby motherelephant » Sat May 16, 2009 9:10 pm

Gosh just read the post from Mark found it very upsetting.Mods what do think????? motherelle.
Like sunshine in the morning, may this brighten up your day and show you that you're thought of in a warm and loving way.
motherelephant
UKFM Regular

Postby princess » Sat May 16, 2009 9:25 pm

[quote="mark"]I have fibromyaglia have been housebound for 3weeks now iam on morphine for the pain antidepressants anti inflamitry drugs and nothing is helping me i feel like taking my own life have had enough when i go and see my gp or consultant they say there is nothing they can do i need to see a consultant willing to pay i live in manchester please help me i carnt take anymore[/quote]

Dear mark

i am so sorry you feel so down.
Please dont do anything silly as there are surely many people who love you.
And we have all felt like that at one time or another.
I would go back to your GP and explain how you feel and how badly - please do not leave anything out.
We have nearly all been on antidepressants at one time or another, my self included, and it takes a wee while for them to have the desired effect.
But believe me you will learn to live with this illness and you will have a life, maybe not the life you once had but you will have a life.
Please go back to GP and stay with us on the forum there is always someone here to talk to you when you are veyr down, even during the night people are on.
sending you gentle hugs
princess
:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
princess
UKFM Regular

Postby gillshutt » Sun May 17, 2009 9:40 am

This thread is from 4 years ago and not a recent one. I'm locking it before anyone lese posts on it thinking it is a recent one.

Please don't revive old threads unless they are relevent.

Gill.
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Return to Doctors & Health Services