Waiting for docs appt

Anything to do with the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Waiting for docs appt

Postby Emilybossy » Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:25 am

Waiting for my doctors appointment next week to see if he agrees all my health problems could be down to fibro like I do. I'm 19 going on 90!! In the meantime, you guys can snoop on my symptoms and give your opinions, replies will be so appreciated, I'm feeling quite down today especially.

Okay so, head to toe I have, migraine type headaches most days, anxiety and depression, and brainfog, keep reading things wrongly and forget things easily and also my speech gets confused and very slow. Both shoulders ache every day, I have chostochondritis pains in my chest, (sharp stabbing pains over my heart). Also I get completely random stabbing pains all over my body, lasting a few seconds each, my back and hips are stiff and painful throughout the day, also get really cold hands and feet that refuse to warm up!! Also I wake up tired everyday despite sleeping well. Oh and my knees hurt too!! As I said before, I am starting to feel really depressed with the constant pain so people to talk to would help! :-?
Emilybossy
UKFM Member

Re: Waiting for docs appt

Postby denys » Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:05 pm

Hi Emily you will understand that none of us are qualified to say whether you have fibro or not, good luck with your doc and I hope you get a diagnoses soon. You are very young and so I hope you dont have this rotten condition but if you do we will try to help and support you as much as you can :-D :-D :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Emilybossy » Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:19 pm

I'm not asking for a diagnoses lol, just wanted to know if people have the same/similar pains because I don't know much about this condition or how you can suddenly develop it. I also don't want to make the effort to go docs for no reason and make myself look dumb asking to be tested for a condition that I'm not ill enough to have. I do think the joint pains and fatigue is likely to be this though. Are joints supposed to swell or do they just hurt for no reason? Because mine don't swell. They just ache daily.
Emilybossy
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:35 pm

Fibro isnt supposed to cause swelling but it does seem to in some members, my doctor has said its not actually the joints even though it really does feel like it, its the muscles attached to them.

Its never a waste of time asking your doc, they might not have thought of it especially as you are young as it seems to take younger people longer to get diagnosed. I'm keeping my :fingerscrossed: for you
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby *Lisa* » Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:46 pm

I would also ask for Ankylosing spondylitis to be ruled out. Its a condition that can also take a long time to be diagnosed because of many symptoms attached and symptoms mimicking that of many others. Its also a condition that starts at a young age.
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby Emilybossy » Sat Jan 24, 2015 4:29 pm

Thanks Denys. I don't have a lot of time on my hands so I hope that something comes of it when I go. At least some physio for my shoulder. It's so painful.

Thanks Lisa, I looked at as symptoms but it doesn't sound like me. Does fibro only affect older people?
Emilybossy
UKFM Member

Postby Zia2014 » Sat Jan 24, 2015 5:09 pm

Hi Emily and welcome to the forum. Have you seen your GP before or is this the first time? To me it sounds like they would need to rule out a few possible causes, fibro is not usually diagnosed straight off and there could be a number of things causing your symptoms which really need to be investigated properly.

Emilybossy wrote:Thanks Lisa, I looked at as symptoms but it doesn't sound like me. Does fibro only affect older people?

Ha, no sadly not! I'm 36 but there are other members younger than me, and it can strike at any age.
Zia2014
UKFM Regular

Postby Emilybossy » Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:45 pm

I went about the chest pains, they did bloods, ECG and xray. Nothing showed so they fobbed me off with chosto and said there was nothing they could do. Been about the pains in my side and had an ultra sound on my belly which showed an enlarged kidney but they said as it wasn't causing serious problems to just leave it. Went to the hospital one night when my side was joking off really bad, I thought it was my appendix but the pain wore off and they booted me out when bloods came back clear, all that was years ago but I am getting worse. Went on a day trip to London and could barely move the next day from the walking the day before. I'm only 19!! :(
Emilybossy
UKFM Member

Postby Emilybossy » Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:46 pm

- kicking off
Emilybossy
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sun Jan 25, 2015 2:44 pm

FM can affect anyone regardless of their age Emily. It can also appear in a myriad of ways too, from one small issue at a time all the way thru to landing on you all at once. It can also mimic other conditions due to the vast array of symptoms and problems that tag along with it, all of which can add to the frustration and length of time it can take to be dx'd. This happened to me, as I started off with balance problems and my hearing being affected. For 4 years I was treated for various inner ear conditions, none of which made the slightest difference to things. I ended up with no~one knowing what to do with me next. It was only after I started with other symptoms, incl regular/constant pain that things started to make a little more sense and come together.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Emilybossy » Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:35 pm

Yeah I used to do a really physically demanding job taking parcels off lorrys for over 10 hours a day. No way I could do that now and that was only last year. :/. Just going to go docs when I get the chance. :)
Emilybossy
UKFM Member

Return to Doctors & Health Services