blood tests

Anything to do with the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

blood tests

Postby cdcrossy » Fri Mar 13, 2015 5:37 pm

hi is there anyone i can send my blood tests to so that i know what to ask for in docs i can see levels which are either low or just on the low side. i can scan and attach if anyone can help. the reason i had the tests done is because the doc thought i should get tested for diabetes but i what to know what the others are
thanks in advance
cdcrossy
UKFM Member

Re: blood tests

Postby Queenie_70 » Sat Mar 14, 2015 12:32 pm

Hi cdcrossy,

I cannot read the results for you, but I can throw a few things your way. If a result comes back low, but within the "normal" range, the doctors won't do anything about it, but possibly a follow-up to make sure that it does not fall below "normal." Anything that is below the normal range, ask about. Sometimes it is possible for a fasting blood test (which I presume you had for diabetes), can throw off some of the results. Many times it is a case of DON'T PANIC. (Sorry I love Douglas Adams)!!!!

If you want to Google it, NHS on-line might have a section you can refer to, but in all honesty, take it to your doctor and let them know your concerns. Show them each result, low or below normal, and ask what each one means. They are there to put your mind at ease.

xxxx
"Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."
Queenie_70
UKFM Member

Postby cdcrossy » Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:18 pm

thanks queenie i just got the results and thought why is that low why is that borderline. the whole reason i got the test done was for diabetes as my mouth was getting very dry in the night and i had other symptoms too but i did ask if it was medicine related which properly be the next step. i have looked up some results but couldn't figure it out. but i thank you for replying as it is always good to get advice before jumping into it.
cdcrossy
UKFM Member

Postby Zia2014 » Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:07 pm

Each lab has different 'normal' ranges which is very helpful, so my lab might not show something as low when yours would. That's why you should ask your GP to explain your results for you. Also, if you are borderline some GPs will act and others won't.
Zia2014
UKFM Regular

Postby cdcrossy » Sun Mar 29, 2015 3:20 pm

i just about get to see my gp plus they are terrible so i have no faith hahaha
cdcrossy
UKFM Member

Postby Mandy1970 » Sat Jun 06, 2015 7:10 am

Hi :-D
I had some bloods taken at rheumy appointment, on examination and clinical history, she diagnosed fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue. Going off a colonoscopy 24th June . Been told ibs for 10 years. Anyhows, got blood report bsck yesyetdsy, no doc available until Monday to discuss them, so frustrating. My esr, fbc and c3 and c4 came back showing abnormal
II'm worried costs I think all along I've had a lot of lupus symptoms as well.

Isn't it frustrating,, just want to get right meds sorted so can have a bit of normality with my hubby and boys
Need sleep dedperately :snore1:
X xx
Mandy1970
UKFM Newbie

Return to Doctors & Health Services